1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MLB NEWS] Angels Pitcher Tyler Skaggs Has Died

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Jul 1, 2019.

1. theimpossibles1

Fentanyl needs to be eliminated from existence.

mikol13 and seemoreroyals like this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I know lots of people that took or still take that stuff and for many different reasons. Some guys in special forces take it for obvious reasons. Their bodies are shot in their early 30s and are trying to hang on and keep up with the younger guys or they are dealing with current injuries and don't want to miss an op. Same deal as football players or other athletes. Some guys took it because their life sucked and it was an escape. Some guys took it for anxiety because it was easier going to the doc for "back pain" and getting pain meds than seeing a psychiatrist and getting anxiety medications.

Invisible Fan and seemoreroyals like this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The urinalysis also showed oxymorphone which is basically only prescribed if you are about to die from cancer. It wasnt in the blood so it was probably taken days previously.

This wasnt the first time he'd gotten high.

The fentanyl was probably counterfeit Oxycontin.

#23 Ottomaton, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Nobody cares about the size of your dick or how good it looks anymore, it's all about urine analytics. You can compete with the big boys this way even if you are in a smaller market.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

damn. that stuff is strong as hell. something was going on there. I assume there will more to this.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Maybe he just liked to get ****ed up and he took it too far?

The seven-page autopsy showed 38 nanograms per milliliter of oxycodone, an opioid medication prescribed to treat severe pain, and 3.8 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl, a highly concentrated painkiller that is significantly stronger than oxycodone. It also showed a blood-alcohol level of 0.122%; a 0.08% limit is considered legally impaired.

7. theimpossibles1

Not a thread for jokes.

P.S. terrible joke

mikol13 and MrBear1 like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought this was interesting....

In one scientific study, rats with the same history of administration were significantly more likely to die after receiving their dose in an environment not associated with the drug in contrast to a familiar environment.

9. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

It is used heavily by EMS services for many problems.

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Oxymorphone, while prescribed for SEVERE pain (Opana) is also the result of oxycodone having been metabolized by the liver. Unfortunately the presence of both oxymorphone and fentanyl would point to the possibility he was given fake oxycodone from someone. There is fentanyl laced oxycodone pills circulating around. If users are not careful and take 30mg blue oxycodone pills that are obtained from something other than a licensed pharmacy they are running the risk of getting fentanyl laced oxycodone pills. Fentanyl is extraordinarily strong. So strong it is prescribed in MICROgrams instead of milligrams like other pain medicines. I feel for his family. They have more questions than answers now.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This is the only medication that some with end stage cancer can take that will give them some measure of a quality of life. You can’t throw out the baby with the bath water.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Mixing opioids and alcohol is not smart. This guy didn’t deserve the outpouring of grief and sympathy he got imo.

13. msn

msn Member

Harsh.

14. Buck Turgidson

And in the early lead for ******* of the Week....

They didn't know what killed him until this week, he died 2 months ago. Were they supposed to wait?

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Even if you are a drug addict, you are still human. It's a brain disease. He had no control over it. Whatever grief is given shouldn't change based on just being addicted. Part of it is genetic. The family shouldn't feel disgraced, or seeking to clear his name. It's a disease and he caught it. It would seem unlikely the team doctor is involved at this point outside of giving him normal pain relief. He obviously got the drugs somewhere, but that network is widely available if it wasn't prescribed.

cmlmel77 and Purvis2Short like this.
  16. Surfguy

In retrospect... . I felt really bad for him at the time. Now, I feel cheated. I don’t think it’s harsh. He did something really stupid.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No one was debating that it was smart. This is still a life and we have no idea what he was going through on a personal level. If I’ve learned anything in life it’s that it’s incredibly fragile. It doesn’t take much to push people over the edge.

We are so quick to judge when people make mistakes. We all make them, just some greater than others. I’d like people to have a little bit more compassion and understanding. What can we do to help others? We aren’t here to judge.

I can get a little sappy from time to time, but it’s because I wish as a whole we’d take care of each other more than we do.

This was an effing tragedy and it’s affected so many people. I don’t know man, I’m just tired of being a desensitized society and reactive.

Htown Stros and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Surfguy

I’m not saying it wasn’t still tragic or sad. You could say I reacted the way I am because I do care. I think his family is kind of feeling the same way because they had no idea he even had a problem. You also have to consider what each person who reacts to this is going through. Just as he had his own circumstances, I have mine. I’ve been dealing with a Dad who is battling Alzheimer’s and it’s been extremely hard. So, maybe that has something to do with how I react.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that’s my point exactly. I think most of us if not all of us are going through some really hard things. Well, I’m sure 100% sure all of us do at some point. It doesn’t take much for us to break.

I’m not saying you’re wrong for having certain feelings, you feel what you feel. I just want better understanding and compassion for people as a whole as I stated. Again, what can we do as a people to overcome things together?

I’m sincerely sorry about your father and you have nothing but my best and well wishes, sincerely. I’m sure it’s tough all the way around for you and your family. I lost my dad last year and though we weren’t as close as we should have been, it’s still hard. Anyway, I digress.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, it's not Skagg choosing to make the mistake, or to cover the pain. It's the drug taking the drug at this point. Or the alcohol drinking the alcohol. It's not a mistake, or a choice. He was addicted. The only mistake he made was not seeking help or telling his family.

raining threes likes this.