1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MLB Network] Beltran may become new Yankees skipper

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Dec 1, 2017.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Watching this on MLB network. Not confirmed, but they are pretty sure he will be the new Yankees manager. Crazy!

2. Progs

Progs Member

Crazii. Alex Cora is going to be good; Beltran, I don't know

3. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I haven't seen anything yet saying that Beltran is the favorite. Saw this morning that they've finished the interviews and are going to pick from the 6 they interviewed. Apparently Boone was the most impressive interview according to MLB sources that are familiar with the situation.

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching MLB Network right now. Those guys feel like Beltran is their guy based on Cashman saying he is done interviewing and will make his recommendation on who should be their manager.

I think it's between Beltran or Boone. I give Beltran the edge.

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This does not bode well for us and our Puerto Rican star a few years from now.

RKREBORN and texans1095 like this.
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think managing the Yankees is easier right now. No wrong answers in the bullpen.

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Joe Buck should manage the Yankees. He’ll get to see Judge walking around in his jock strap everyday

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

CrushCity likes this.
  9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It's time to bring Carlos back as a coach. Since the Yankees obviously don't know what they're doing. Aaron Boone may be a good one, but did they not see the impact Beltran made on the young Astros?

Roc Paint and CrushCity like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Boone is a sharp guy. I have no idea how he'll do as a manager, but he was good as a broadcaster.

kaleidosky likes this.
  11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Since Boone got the job can we give Beltran an assistant position please?

Chilly_Pete and RKREBORN like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

It will be interesting to see if Boone fits into the Yankees culture. He’s a little more up beat and energetic than the typically beaten down blue collar and reserved Yankees manager, with baggy eyes, just like the city itself and its inhabitants. He doesn’t appear to fit, but I would see him fitting in with in with the cash man.