1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Castor27, Feb 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Rangers didn't look very classy today even if they got their revenge.

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

wow what a clean punch

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Major League Boxing <a href="https://t.co/YTM7nrR8lQ">pic.twitter.com/YTM7nrR8lQ</a></p>&mdash; Complex Sports (@Complex_Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/Complex_Sports/status/731976622878953473">May 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

Cannot believe Bats let Odor make him his b****. Gets right up in front of Odor and just waits for Beltre to hold him back. Unbelievable.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Bat Flip: Toronto Up
    Hit Batista: Even
    Batista Slides: Toronto Up
    Odor Punch: Even
    Fielder hit: Toronto Up

Seems to me like Texas still owes one to Toronto.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

First thought: Can no major leaguer get out of the way of a pitch. Little leaguers do this. How do major leaguers not move and continue to get plunked.

Second Thought: This is why you cannot have fun in baseball. It will blow up. Which is why MLB put in the catcher blow up rule and the second base slide rule. MLB is smiling.

Third thought: It's funny that everyone is praising the collision at home plate in the Phillies-Reds game , when the truth is, that's what baseball was trying to avoid.

All of it is entertaining to me, I enjoy, I like the fun, I like the drama, but this is why celebrations are banned in most athletic events, because at some point, it gets explosive.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Waiting until the last ab of the last game they're going to play this season is just a p***y move on the rangers part. Bautista's slide wasn't that bad and Odor tried to take his head off with the throw. Odor got a good shot. But he's still the punk and the one that should be suspended for an extended period. MLB should take into account odor's history.

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

odor is a punk hope he gets the most severe suspension

8. Surfguy

The way people are portraying that slide...like it's the first time we've seen a slide like that...is a total joke. It's overblown because of who did it and the timing after the hit-by-pitch. It looked like any other aggressive slide and Odor did what all players do...jump over it. What's the big deal? Obviously, the double play was the right call.

Odor I'm sure has some haters...especially among Astros and Jays fans. But, he's the type of d**k you want on your team. You just hate him when he plays for the enemy. It is comical how he is being portrayed by some as a national hero now for clocking a Canadian team player. I don't get that. I'm just glad Odor is suspended for the Astros series later this week...even though the Astros will lose the series anyway cause they suck.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

On my team? Hell No! I want a tough guy on my team that plays the game clean. odor does not, I mean he tried to break Bautistas face with the throw. **** that guy. That guy is the definition of scumbag -always disrespecting the game and always wanting to start something out of nothing. Just go back to the slide where he tried to break the guys leg that Castor posted.

10. sew

sew Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">blah, blah, something about glass houses… <a href="https://t.co/Tdekg2c2Kq">pic.twitter.com/Tdekg2c2Kq</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Morrow (@2Morrow23) <a href="https://twitter.com/2Morrow23/status/732287105376772096">May 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. sew

sew Member

I know Bautista is universally viewed as a douchebag, but **** Odor. Joey Bats gets more hate for simply acting like a petulant child on the field while Odor is getting love for this punch even though he has demonstrated on more than one occasion that he is a dirty player.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

**** Odor and **** the Rangers. Usually I like it when players mix things up, and show some emotion, but to go after Bautista on the last AB of the last game they see him is the typical b****-type behavior that makes Dallas what it is. I hope he gets suspended for 25 games, and people stop acting like he manned up and stood up for his teammates.

13. Surfguy

I hate to say this but I think the Rangers are going to win it all this year. They just have a great team and they have some guys returning, like Darvish. There is not much to dislike about the Rangers. They are much better than the Astros. Some of that is experience. No way in hell are Astros catching them (yea...I said it). And, there are actually TWO Roughned Odors in the Rangers system...brothers with the same name. We could be seeing both these guys playing infield for the Rangers in the not-so-distant future.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Braves have fired manager Fredi Gonzalez

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Would be so fitting if Bo Porter takes over that team.... worst cumulative managerial record in MLB history, and he has an opportunity at 2 different franchises?

17. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I knew the Braves would be mediocre due to recent trades/ "Tanking" maybe. But having the worst record in MLB is another story. They are about to open their new stadium next season.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They don't have a single regular with an OPS over .800.

AJ Griffin is the only starter with a FIP of less than 4.00, and he is on the DL.

Their closer has an ERA over 7.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

20. sew

sew Member

Chavez got three and Andrus got one. Pillar and JD got nothing.

Surprised Pillar and JD got nothing.