1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milwaukee Bucks Summer 2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, May 27, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No I just think Brogdon is worth more than 20, and if they have to they should pay him whatever he gets offered, but most likely they'll get him for close to the 20.

2. malakas

malakas Member

I have no clue what will happen

If they made the finals then the probability to pay everyone and get into the luxury tax would be high but now ..especially with the kind of playoffs guys like Bledsoe Mirotic and Middleton had.
    Also there will be a change of which owner is leading this offseason, it will be Marc Lasry instead of Edens the same Lasry who is bff with Kidd and brought him in behind the backs of the GM and gave him decision making powers.. so the collective iq of the organisation will likely plummet somewhat.

Horst is likely to look around for someone to take on Snell and Ilyasova, Mirotic likely is gone.

They can't just let Middleton go though unless they can get another big name in, like Kemba Walker.
    Even with getting rid of both Ily and Mirotic there is still DJ Wilson waiting so not worried about that but Lopez is very hard to replace and they dont have his bird rights.

Anyway Horst even though in his 30s and with very little experience so far has been okay so we will see.

There is really pressure to do everything to please Giannis because the fact that he left in the middle of the press conference shows how much he wants to win. No matter how cute Milwaukee is and how grateful he is there is no chance he is signing that extension if they don't have even more success in the future.

Also GIannis isn't really close with Middleton and Brogdon. They have a working relationship but they aren't personal friends. They have been together for 6 years with Midds, but they don't even really exchange texts.
    So if Middleton is gotten rid of for someone better then there will be no problem from Giannis. Imo.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Yup I did say that. In the beginning of the season he was extremely selfish opting to butcher fastbreaks to score himself so as to gather money for his charity. His priority was obvious, his charity instead of the team.

Also he is older than most ppl think and has problems with his flat feet.
    But when you compare him with the mental mess that is Bledsoe it is obvious that they can't afford to let him go for nothing unless there is some team like the Bulls who want to pay him 20 mill per.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So who do you keep between Brogdon, Middleton and Bledsoe if you could keep only one?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

At which price?
    If Middleton was to be paid the same money as Bledsoe, 17 mil I would keep him of course. If Brogdon is to be paid the full max with some player options on top, I rather even Bledsoe over him. Everything is fine at the right price.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i dunno what it is exactly but that kid dj wilson really irritates me :D

7. malakas

malakas Member

you and a LOT of people. Especially last year constantly made fun of his looks because they said he looks feminine. Someone even liked him to Britney Spears over there at the Bucks forum.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his hairstyles are not my favorite, but more his overall attitude (and maybe facial expressions) just seems way too cocky for his experience and talent level. i've only seen him play a few games so i don't want to hate on him. but he makes that difficult :D

9. malakas

malakas Member

I like that he wears super short shorts, that's the only thing in his appearance I cared about. Lol
    With Bud he has turned from one of the worst players in the whole league in a fast train headed to some second rate league in Azerbaijan, to a valuable young cheap player who can play small ball center.

He used to be horrible at rebounds and terrified of contract to a ridiculous degree.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am mostly curious about Brook Lopez. What is the most the Bucks can offer him? What is the open market look like for Lopez? Who will be his suitors and at what price? Feels like Lopez is the key for the Bucks.

11. malakas

malakas Member

They can pay him the full MLE I think. Lopez came and said publicly that he had an amazing season and would love to resign here.

It's not like he hadn't made any money in his carreer and even with how valuable he has been this season just how many teams do need a center, and are willing to devote their capspace for that?
    Needless to say but there's no chance for him to go to the obvious candidate that actually needs a C, in the Lakers, after how horrible they treated him last season.

don grahamleone and pippendagimp like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So basically the non-tax (FULL) MLE at 9.2M. And that will hard-cap the Bucks.

don grahamleone, hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think they could also resign him with cap space before they resign Middleton and match/resign Brogdon, these two guys cap holds are pretty much 20M, they would've to renounce to Mirotic and/or Hill.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am actually deeply disappointed that it never got to 7......with HC advantage, it was a waste of a No 1 overall seed.

@malakas

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jon Horst Seeking Extension From NBA GM-Low $500k Annual Salary

The Milwaukee Bucks hired Jon Horst in 2017 in a move considered a surprise around the NBA. Justin Zanik had been widely expected to run Milwaukee's front office but Wes Edens was "staunchly opposed" to Jamie Dinan and Marc Lasry wanting to hire Zanik.

The Bucks liked Horst and hiring him would also allow the franchise to save money.

“There wasn’t much of negotiation in hiring Horst,’’ a source familiar with the GM search said. “It was pretty much a ‘Take it or leave it’ offer.’’

Horst was elated at suddenly becoming general manager, but his low salary level upset many front office executives and their agents.

Horst agreed to an annual salary of $500,000.

“That was insulting to every GM in our league,’’ an NBA executive said earlier this week. “It was the lowest salary for a GM in our league – by far. The next lowest (GM) was paid $1 million.’’

According to multiple sources, the likes of R.C. Buford, Daryl Morey, Bob Myers, Sam Presti, Danny Ainge and Donnie Nelson are paid between $8 million and $10 million per season.

Horst is seeking a raise via a contract extension with just one season left on his original three-year deal. The owners of the Bucks are open to working out a new deal.

“If you asked me what would be a fair deal for him (Horst), I’d say around $3 million (a year),’’ an NBA executive said. “That’s about the average salary for a GM and I think he’s regarded as an average GM.

“But knowing those guys (the owners) I don’t think he’s going to get even that.’’

don grahamleone and Vivi like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Bucks are in a really bad spot

If they overpay Middleton as the #2 option, it won't be enough to win a title.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just when you thought Middleton was making the jump, he scores like 11-12 ppg vs Toronto in the Playoffs.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member