1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Vrabel know what he doing???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cstyle42, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

All this hype about him being so great... Defense sure looked like trash today.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lost Bouye. Watt not the same.

Let Brien waste tons of picks.

Hard to tell but not promising.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think he will be fine but clearly needs some experience. That said, I don't think our starters played or practiced enough this off-season and it showed. As they get more reps and plays under their belt they will improve.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know, it's hard to grade the defense because I think even the best defense can get discouraged when your offense has like 60 yards in one half.

Put in bad positions...constantly being out on the field...knowing that stops means nothing because your offense is trash....

BigShasta likes this.
  5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Texans had the best defense under Romeo crennel.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Texans had one of the worst offenses last year, they didn't exactly put the defense in good position either but the defense was still elite.

Vin2k2, macho GRANDE and deb4rockets like this.
  7. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It wasn't THIS bad though.

I agree with your main point, there was little reason to replace Crennel, he's a proven superbowl winning DC, if that guy is happy being a DC for your team you let him like the Steelers did with dick Lebeau all those years.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Mike Vrabel is not the problem. The secondary is trash. Kevin Johnson gave up many plays that let the Jaguars to score.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah right after Watson throws a td the defense gave up another td on that drive.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our defense wasn't putting any pressure on Bortles.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt Vrabel has the same caliber skills, but there is nothing we can do about it. He just isn't as experienced, and by the looks of our defense today, I am really disappointed.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

No pressure at all. It's like Watt and Clowney didn't even play.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This. 10×

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fournette is the greatest RB to ever play the game. Well, that's how the Texans made him look.

deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.
  16. Malaya

Malaya Member

He's up in the booth. What is Crennel doing? I thought he would help both offense and defense.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Stop moving Clowney, Watt and Mercilus all over the freaking line. Let them have a position and stick with it.

18. Bob Barker 007

The poor effort of the defense is on Vrabel. Vrabel has the title of Defensive Coordinator. I don't know what Romeo Crennel does as Assistant Head Coach/Defense, but he's not fully involved with this unit right now. I just don't imagine Romeo Crennel allowing the front seven to play as badly as they did and not making the proper strategic adjustments to maximize the defense. The Texans went from George Godsey, a mediocre OC, and Romeo Crennel, an amazing DC, to Bill O'Brien, a terrible OC, and Mike Vrabel, a completely unproven DC. That sounds like a disaster to me. The Texans better get Crennel working with the defense as soon as possible.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Watt pretty much didn't play last year and they were the best D in the league. If Vrabel wanted a DC job they should have let him walk. Romeo knows what he is doing. We aren't the brown no need for rookie coaches.

20. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

The Defense started out slowly last year too. Teams were running all over us in the first several games. And our pass protection was porous at times at the start of the season too. The big difference as several have noted, we're not pressuring the QB and forcing errors as we did all of last season.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.