1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Greenberg: The refs should go back and look at it and change it at the next timeout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Not necessarily, like you said missed calls "can" lead to points the made bucket isn't a sure thing. The ball did go thru the hoop, those are 2 points, there is not debate.

dmoneybangbang, vlaurelio and bro2044 like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if you're waking up this morning expecting the national media to side with Houston, you'll be disappointed.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not for a second did I think he bricked it. In real time I knew immediately he made it, and was very confused as to why he ran at the ball and knocked it out of bounds.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Always

Rocket River

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

One time.

And the refs stopped play after Ginobody complained to make sure they scored it correctly.

waytookrzy079, D-rock and durvasa like this.
  6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Can we please stop crying about this, we were up 9 or 11 with 1.07 left and allowed them to tie the game. We played ZERO D down the stretch and deserve that lost. Hopefully, it will wake us up in the 4th QTR. MDA is MIA... Just doesn't add value at the headcoach positoin.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seems like you are projecting with your "stop crying" take. You seem really triggered.

[​IMG]

ElPigto, BigShasta, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Kyrie, it's time to logout

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh melo its you?:D do you enjoy your sym/pathetic player of the week trophy?
    next time you're in houston you better give it back to the real owner

BigShasta likes this.
  10. vince

vince Member

I don’t see Rockets fans crying. I think there is ample justification for Rockets fans to be concerned about rules being applied inequitably.

Since the precedent has been set, a game can be replayed with due cause. Media bias against the Rockets, which seems prevalent, should not be the determining factor.

It’s super annoying to read folks talk about whining and crying, but a clarification is not crying. Why is it fine that the Rockets get penalized when the NBA has allow 3 game protests previously, changing the final score.

vlaurelio, D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You're describing 2 things that are alike, but not the same as what you're comparing them to. The examples are chain of event moments where a missed call led to a field goal. These are also issues, but ones we see every week.

The Rockets incident was a missed field goal. No matter how you generalize the incident, it doesnt happen, and is not a chained event to anything else. It's simply a robbery of valid 2pts. The examples are situations where a bucket did come of the mistake, yet MANY regular missed calls lead to seemingly nothing as well.

What we saw doesn't really ever happen, sorry.

D-rock likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No, it was clear that he dunked it. What wasnt clear is what happened immediately after his body was no longer underneath the rim. Suddenly, the ball is going away after bouncing on top again, and he runs because instinctively a player sees confusion, a loose ball, and someone else running for it... but even live it didnt look like he missed it.

Honest.

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly thought he bricked it initially and after the broadcast reply was obvious he scored the bucket.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Or we can cry at all valid points of concern, which coincidentally also includes an egregious missed field goal in a game that ended tied at regulation, and decided by the same amount if points as that subtracted field goal.

15. fchowd0311

Yes, if we reverse time to the point right after the backcourt violation before the lob dunk, it would be a "could have" scenario. But we are currently in the present and now we can say the missed backcourt violation CERTAINLY led to a 2 pt lob dunk.

Your argument works if there was a missed or wrong call there was time stoppage and we wouldn't know what would happen if the call was correct.

In this case, we know the missed call directly led to a 2 pt score.

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I get how it could be in question.... and I think the refs really blew it on 3 counts.... missing it, not allowing challenge/review immediately when they couldn't specify the on court issue, and not reviewing it on a timeout.

D-rock likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Yes, the egregious part was not reviewing it. Them initially missing it was a honest mistake.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm not going to tell you that I dont hear what you're saying, I do, however I do think it's a simplifying of the event and lumping it into a category to where it is clearly an outlier in comparison with those other things.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That officiating crew should be suspended 30 days pending an investigation. It was just not that non basket call, the whole game was just all around bad irt to calls.

D-rock, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

DC area channel 7 news is on the Rocket's side...

D-rock likes this.