1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want the Dems to act exactly like the Republicans. I want them to ram through legislation with no *** given just like the Republicans. I want them to cheat to do it too. if the Dems acted like the republicans we would probably have medicare for all, climate reform, automatic voter registration, stricter gun laws, etc.

Republicans acomplished a lot, and it's destroying democracy and giving our cash to the rich. Dems in the past have accmplished nothing trying to plead with Republicans to do something in a bipartsan way. It's not happening, Republicans dont want anyone to win.

CometsWin likes this.
  2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I think what everyone is saying is that Mitch's words are incredibly hollow, and he is being incredibly hypocritical.

Let's say you were a millionaire, and you treat your best friend like crap. You make him pay for everything, and point and laugh at him not being rich. You then go bankrupt and he wins the lottery. How is he going to treat you in return? Would you expect him to treat you any differently, and would he be wrong if he treated you poorly, the exact same way that you treated him?

Mitch is a power-hungry hypocrite.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

DreamShook likes this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

And that chicken came home to roost.

Democrats just got control of the house and flipped some major states by calling these hyper partisan politics, nobody ran on using these same tactics.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

I totally agree that Mitch's word a laughable to say the least.

but it would be highly hypocritical to use these same tactics as you have been railing against for payback.

make them eat their words and actually vote on bills that are sensible.

R0ckets03 and Nippystix like this.
  6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I'm on board for that, as that would benefit the people.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dems can play bipartisan on certain issues. Immigration, gun control, issues like this where a lot of people are split are perfect for Dem concessions.

But things like Health care? Dems have a mandate on it just based on public opinion alone. These are issues they should play hardball with, concede nothing with the GOP because they conceded with Obamacare and look what that got them?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

Dems can't ram things through because they only have one house of Congress.

And that tactic will not be a way to get control IMO.

jcf likes this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

I agree with this totally.

Make them out up or shut up.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like others, I want to know where you have been hiding the last several years. Damn right, I want to shove good Democratic policies up their lying asses and laugh at the crap they are saying now, with McConnell being target #1 in the Senate. The b*stard is shameless. I'm a Democrat and we owe him and those with him nothing. Not a damn thing. We owe the country good governance, something the Republicans have had no interest in at all. All they have had an interest in is lining their pockets, while they lie to the country. Peddle your stuff elsewhere. I am not interested. Been there, done that, and damned tired of it.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So basically, people that cast their provisionals in other counties due to all the confusion about polling locations just lost their votes. As did military people overseas.

Bizarre tales, confusing ballots from Georgia’s primary contained in federal lawsuit
    https://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-news/article216056560.html

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’d like to see a Democratic ticket of Kamala Harris & Beto as VP in 2020.

For Beto too be less than a point away with over 4 million votes in the largest mid-term voter turnout in Texas history is pretty incredible. His enthusiasm and outreach is outstanding. He dominated Texas’ five largest cities (Houston, Dallas, Austin, SA, El Paso) and much of the valley/panhandle. He has two years too build his name across America to earn support with already a large contingent of celeb endorsement (LeBron, Ellen, Willie,
    Coach Pop, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, etc)

Kamala Harris is exactly the opponent that can take down Trump and not play on Hillary’s mistakes in being overly-confident/complacent and the “let Trump bury himself” idea. She became a star among women in the Kavanaugh hearings and is of African-American descent.

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's the beauty of Republican politics. They can burn everything down on their watch and then claim we have to work together on your watch.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Are you blind? Both sides act that way.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Yes he is blind.

16. NewRoxFan

Other races finally being completed...

17. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile... this was the best process/system they could come up with? Florida...

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

As Trump said when campaigning: "We love the poorly educated". Way too many of the Trumpsters believe this. Shame on those who know better than to believe this crap, but to win.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I could go with a national voter ID card if it is free rather than used as just another voter suppression tactic as Trump and the GOP would want.

20. NewRoxFan

And made easily available to people, especially people that can't travel easily.