1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Trimble - Maryland's freshman point guard

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This guy seems like a sneaky Daryl Morey pick with a later pick. I'm not sure if he comes out for the Draft or how the physical specs and athleticism will measure up -- the eye test says to me that he might need to be a touch quicker -- but the analytics may be there.

A 6-foot-2 freshman point guard that shoots 40% from three-point range and attacks the basket, but perhaps more fitting for the Rockets is his ability to draw fouls (and 87% shooting at the line). Wrote Sports Illustrated:

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...-maryland-terrapins-mark-turgeon-dalonte-hill

[youtube]-WFw7SloN1U[/youtube]

He scored 22 the other day against Michigan State.

[youtube]eMakNFJR6Nk[/youtube]

[​IMG]

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

You may as well cut his left arm and he won't be worse. I don't say he is terrible, but he needs a lot of work with his off hand, even his rare drives to the left are shacky and he never finish with his left - it's either a floater or unbalanced shot with his right (in NBA, it's an easy block for defender). Do not like his quickness and ball handling, may be turnover prone. How is his defense? I guess above average?

But it may also be just poor highlight selection and I'm wrong.

3. basketballholic

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Staying in school...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Good news for the Big Ten and of course Maryland as school announces Melo Trimble will return for sophomore season.</p>&mdash; Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status/583289051593195520">April 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gary Payton Jr. aka Glove Jr has some pretty eye-popping defensive stats. 3 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

I wouldn't mind taking a late round flier on him.