1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo can’t handle the truth

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, May 23, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Korver would be awesome on the Rockets.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'd say Melo is still the better player but if I had a choice I'd want Korver on my team.

Jontro likes this.
  3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Nope.

Korver has the same deficiencies as Ryno -- bad defense, no rebounding, non-athletic.

Rockets are built for athletic wings who can switch on defense and shoot the open the 3PT.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep. Need guys like trevor, iggy, tucker, or draymond. Jack of all trades type guys.

Korver is 1 dimensional like anderson is 1 dimensional (athough i trust korver a lot more than anderson to show up)

Its worth mentioning that the cavs have like the 29th worst defense during the season lol. You need guys who can space the floor, can bang, and can switch devensively.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kyle Korver is ageless. Caucasian don't suffer stagnation.

Actually, how is 37 year old Korver still making an impact when Joe Johnson look washed.

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

The problem with everything you just said is that Melo had the upper hand in forcing the Knicks to trade to the team of his choosing. He had the no-trade clause in his contract.

He could've waited it out and sweat the Knicks out, but he was the one who got nervous and jumped on the first team the Knicks were willing to trade with. Melo has no one to blame in OKC's struggle to to fit him in but himself.

Melo is the better player of course, even with Korver's age-resistant game. I think Melo would've silenced his critics if he had Harden and Paul to assist his buckets.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Melo remains a more capable player than Korver, but it's the problem between the ears that makes him a lesser asset to a team. Korver knows his limitations, plays within them and doesn't kill an offense by hogging the ball and taking low benefit shots. All too often, Melo tries to play like a star even though he's over the hill.

da_juice, AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  8. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

But at least he wouldn't be afraid to shoot...

Jontro, roslolian and hvic like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That 4 yr article I posted in the first page details these extreme workouts he does with first trainer.

They're different every year. He carried that 85 lb rock 2 miles underwater.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

But the thing is if it was Melo out there wide open he wouldn't make those shots. All Melo is good for now is isos in the post.

Easy likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melo can't handle anything right now.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

melo lost his superpowers when he decided to get rid of his cornrows. i suspect hawaii will as well if/when he gets rid of his.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. likestohypeguy

No time stamps on that format melo originally posted his reaction on huh, SB nation comment section? For some reason I want to know what time of day he saw and reacted, and how much time elapsed between each of his comments.

pshh with the help of four other guys, relay style. Most of the time he was chilling in his weight belt, treading water.

14. vince

vince Member

So glad Morey didn’t give in and include Capela, who the Knicks wanted.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Melo is definitely the better player right now, but give me Korver every time.

I'll always take the role player who is willing to do whatever he needs to to win over the "star" who wants to shoot 25 times a game even if it hurts the team.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Joe ISO'ed too much. A warning to Harden. ;)

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Anyone who wants Melo over Korver is just fooled by big names. Melo has declined for years and doesn't know how to adjust his game. Korver can at least give something to his team and is actually a better defender than Melo anyway.

YOLO likes this.