1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mega Thread] The all encompassing sexual misconduct thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Nov 30, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This could actually be considered harassment and it's on video. It also happened after he took office. He would certainly never treat a male reporter that way.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh... I don't think it shows him 'harrassing'.

It does show how he views women though. They are all physical objects where their appearance is always first mentioned and complimented.

I'm pretty sure Donald is exactly the type of business man who hires women on appearance first and then competence.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't be harassment by the way I would define it, but if squeezing someone around the waist during a photo op counts as harassment then I may not be the best judge. I think in the end it depends on the woman in question.

Whether it was harassment or not it is a different and degrading treatment of women that was different than the way he would have treated any man.

4. conquistador#11

i lol'd when sarah huckabee said it's only sexual if your mind is in the gutter. You mean like the guy in office and every other guy.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like... I really want a Trump apologist to point to one internet comment in the history of interent comments where stating that a woman "would do anything" for something wasn't implying sexual favors.

#45 fchowd0311, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who are these people?

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

8. Fantasma Negro

Snh, can't even make casual conversation anymore

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. Cohete Rojo

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Here's his post blaming fake news, 9/11, PTSD, and urging conservatives to take a stand.

Kentucky Governor response to the reported suicide of an alleged child molesting state representative/pastor.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russell Simmons allegations detailed:

https://nyti.ms/2o2nmdK

Music Mogul Russell
    Simmons Is Accused
    of Rape by 3 Women

Mr. Simmons, a powerful gatekeeper in the
    entertainment and media worlds, damaged
    careers and self-confidence with his pattern of
    sexual assault and harassment, the women say.

By JOE COSCARELLI and MELENA RYZIKDEC. 13, 2017

In 1995, Drew Dixon was working her dream job as an executive at Def Jam Recordings, helping to oversee a chart-topping album and a ubiquitous single by Method Man and Mary J. Blige. But as her star rose, Ms. Dixon, then 24, was spiraling into depression, she said, because of prolonged and aggressive sexual harassment by her direct supervisor, Russell Simmons, the rap mogul and co-founder of the label.

On work calls, he would talk graphically about how she aroused him. At a staff meeting, he asked her to sit on his lap. He regularly exposed his erect penis to her. Late that year, Mr. Simmons raped her in his downtown Manhattan apartment, Ms. Dixon said. She quit Def Jam soon after.

“I was broken,” she said.
    more at the link

14. Cohete Rojo

15. Cohete Rojo

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I get that if several people all come out and claim someone sexually harassed them then it's most likely true. But is anyone else concerned with the fact that if 1 person claims it happened then the alleged Harasser is practically found guilty without a trial in the court of public opinion these days? It seems like all it takes is 1 claim to get someone fired and have their life ruined regardless of if it actually happened or not.

Are their certain issues that we, as a public, completely eliminate due process in our minds? Or is it that because we don't like someone in the first place that we automatically assume they are guilty.

No, I'm not defending any person with this (especially those with many complainants like Trump, Clinton, Moore & Weinstein, as I typically believe the large # of supposed victims), I'm more worried about the people with 1 complaint that actually could be false.

17. Cohete Rojo

What is this in response to?

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Who has been fired because of one unsubstantiated complaint? Up to this point it seems like every person being accused of harassment has been accused by multiple people. And in almost every case where someone has lost their job there usually was some kind of investigation by the employer before the person was fired. And of course many of the accused have admitted to behaving badly. I'm just not familiar with someone losing their job because of one unsubstantiated claim of harassment.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Farenthold won't run for reelection

"I had never served in public office before. I had no idea how to run a congressional office. And as a result, I allowed a workplace culture to take root in my office that was too permissive and decidedly unprofessional," Farenthold said.

"An unprofessional work environment is not a crime," he added. "But it's embarrassing to me and to my family. It reflects poorly on the institution of Congress, on my colleagues, and my constituents. And they deserve better."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/364874-farenthold-wont-run-for-reelection-sources

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member