1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mega Thread] The all encompassing sexual misconduct thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There are a lot of these stories coming out, many of which will not and should not get their own thread - as they will clutter our pristine D&D first page.

I wish I could continue to edit this first post in order to track the accusations against the most significant, famous, and powerful of those who have been accused.

Also, please feel free to speculate about who may be next.

2. Cohete Rojo

The father of Adam Horovitz (Beastie Boys), Israel Horovitz, raped his son's former-girlfriend.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. amaru

amaru Member

Good. I hope more of them keep falling

Nook likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Worth repeating

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably deserves it's own thread in hangout.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/30/med...al-assault-stepping-down-companies/index.html

Russell Simmons is stepping down from his companies in the wake of an accusation of harassment and sexual assault.
    Simmons, the founder of hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and CEO of Rush Communications, released a statement on Thursday after screenwriter Jenny Lumet accused him of forcing her to have sex with him in 1991. She detailed the encounter in a guest column published by The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday.

"I have been informed with great anguish of Jenny Lumet's recollection about our night together in 1991," Simmons said in a statement. "I know Jenny and her family and have seen her several times over the years since the evening she described. While her memory of that evening is very different from mine, it is now clear to me that her feelings of fear and intimidation are real. While I have never been violent, I have been thoughtless and insensitive in some of my relationships over many decades and I sincerely and humbly apologize."

The statement continued: "This is a time of great transition. The voices of the voiceless, those who have been hurt or shamed, deserve and need to be heard. As the corridors of power inevitably make way for a new generation, I don't want to be a distraction so I am removing myself from the businesses that I founded. The companies will now be run by a new and diverse generation of extraordinary executives who are moving the culture and consciousness forward. I will convert the studio for yogic science into a not-for-profit center of learning and healing. As for me, I will step aside and commit myself to continuing my personal growth, spiritual learning and above all to listening."
    More at link.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

More on this stalwart GOP representative...

Report: U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold settled sexual harassment claim with taxpayer funds

Abby Livingston
    WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold settled a sexual harassment claim brought by a former staffer with $84,000 in taxpayer funds, according to a Politico report published Friday.

Farenthold, a Republican from Corpus Christi, has served in the U.S. House since 2011. The settlement stems from a 2014 case brought by Lauren Greene, a former Farenthold staffer. Both parties agreed to drop the case in 2015, but the terms of the settlement were not clear at the time.

After Politico published its report Friday, Farenthold said in a statement, "While I 100% support more transparency with respect to claims against members of Congress, I can neither confirm nor deny that settlement involved my office as the Congressional Accountability Act prohibits me from answering that question."

Farenthold's settlement is a small part of a much larger well of money used to settle workplace issues stemming from the U.S. House. On Capitol Hill, more than $17 million in taxpayer funds has been spent since 1997 to settle all kinds of workplace disputes — among them sexual harassment.

The fund, managed by the Office of Compliance, is under heightened public scrutiny following a wave of sexual assault accusations against members of Congress. The account was meant to protect the workplace rights of congressional staffers. But by keeping cases confidential, critics say the public money is being used to shelter the unnamed sexual harassers, potentially endangering more victims.

Following Friday's report, Farenthold drew sharp criticism from some Texas Republicans, including Michael Cloud, a former Victoria County GOP chairman and the only Republican currently challenging Farenthold in next year's Republican primary.

“If allegations prove true, this represents a gross betrayal of the public trust — and highlights the need to elect people of integrity who will work to restore public confidence in our halls of Government,” Cloud said.

Others, such as Nueces County GOP Chairman Mike Bergsma, said they didn't believe the charges against the congressman to begin with — and still don't.

"I know Blake real well," Bergsma told the Tribune, saying he had never seen Farenthold make a lewd comment to a woman. "When you sue a congressman, you're really suing the whole House; there's not a direct way to sue the congressman — and it's just cheaper to settle than pursue it. ... I think [Farenthold] has done nothing wrong here."

Alex Arriaga and Cassandra Pollock contributed to this report.

10. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He looks like a character from Revenge of the Nerds.

12. Cohete Rojo

Nevada Democratic rep faces calls to resign over sexual harassment claim

The head of the House Democrats' campaign committee called on first-term Rep. Ruben Kihuan of Nevada to step down Friday over a report that Kihuan sexually harassed his campaign's finance director.

BuzzFeed News reported that Kihuen is alleged to have repeatedly made sexual advances toward the aide during his successful 2016 congressional campaign.

Rep. Ben Ray Lujan of New Mexico, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said House members and candidates should be held to the highest standard, and anyone guilty of sexual harassment or assault should not hold elected office. He added in a statement Friday, "Congressman Kihuen should resign."

13. Cohete Rojo

If I am not mistaken, Vice is affiliated with Bill Maher - the self-professed liberal and house servant.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It might be. Do you think Bill Maher was the one who decided to take action against those employees accused of sexual harassment? I'm not sure he's that involved that he's making those decisions. But perhaps he was. If so, good for him.

15. NewRoxFan

16. NewRoxFan

This one came out of the blue... and the republicans appear willing to serve him up...

17. Cohete Rojo

18. dmoneybangbang

We should also create a Mega Thread for the Evangelical Congressman caught either being gay or paying someone off for an abortion!

19. Cohete Rojo

A man playing a transgender woman on a television show has been accused of sexual harassment a second time...against a transgender woman. Oh lawd have mercy, I may need to start a megathread on this one specific topic of when men critical of Trump sexually harass transgender women.

20. Cohete Rojo

Director Bryan Singer faces lawsuit over alleged rape of teen in 2003

Bryan Singer, producer and director of the “X-Men” films, was accused in a lawsuit filed Thursday of raping a 17-year-old boy on a yacht in the Seattle area 14 years ago.

The alleged victim, Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, said in the lawsuit that at a party in 2003, Singer led him to a back room where he forced the teenager to engage in oral sex and then raped him.