1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media blowhards eating crow this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 23, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

He used 2 seconds out of the 1 since the clock didn't start on time.

SooneRockStro likes this.
  2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

LOL really. I must've forgotten about that.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You are correct on that part about him getting initially open. I guess the part I am referring to is Klay bear hugging and moving Harden who is close enough when Curry is loose to try and contest the shot but can't get around it.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden too did his share of grabbing on that possession. either way none of it mattered

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. Always.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Paul did something dumb there, it was in missing the first free throw. Making that one would have iced the game. Then he could miss the second shot and kill the clock, and still have a 3-point lead if it didn't work. Or make it for an insurmountable 4-point lead. A 92% free throw shooter should not be missing such an important shot. I blew a gasket when he missed that shot.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont really think so i mean its not like the refs knew Paul was going to miss the first free through. I mean you're sending a career 89-90% FT shooter to the line. The chances of him making both are extremely high and it would have put the game out of complete reach even if there was 1.5 seconds left on the clock. I mean if they called something really weak on like Capela (dont know if he was in there) to send him to the line thats one thing. But if it was to create drama sending Paul to the line is not the best way...Unfortunately for Houston paul missing the first and making the second was the worst case scenario for them. If he missed the second the warriors would have had no time after rebounding the ball to do anything except heave it as they got the rebound. I doubt they could call timeout without .5 running off the clock completely and if they said .4 went off the clock than .1 is just a tip only scenario.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've got most of the best clips of the media burying the Rockets before or after Game 1 ... Will Cain saying the Rockets are done, Mike Greenberg saying the series will suck, Barkley's "Warriors in three" ... any good ones not well known that I'm missing?

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

I really wish we catalogued all the predictions as the playoffs went on. It would really be something to put a whole clip together of how wrong the media has been so far.

11. AnHero

AnHero Member

Cowturd has had a ton since the series began. The Ringer is a Warriors fan site at this point too but they are irrelevant.

adw and D-rock like this.
  12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

there are some great clips from Joy Taylor on her podcast after game 1... can’t remember the name of the podcast sorry

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Your server might crash if you include all of Skip Logic's takes.

adw and D-rock like this.
  14. BigTex

BigTex Member

We've already surpassed almost every prediction by these bozos. Almost everyone picked the Warriors 6 or less. And virtually everyone cried sweep after Game 1.

Pretty much everyone had Jazz pushing us to 6 or 7 games as well. Oops.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ah yeah, the infamous Mike Greenberg talking about how the series will be "non-competitive." FOH.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I never really read Deadspin other than tabloid expose, but they've upped the level on unmentionable trash.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Good catch ... I pulled about 11 seconds out of there to use but it was a goldmine. "Rockets are frauds", "the Raptors of the West", "They don't play any defense", "They're going to get swept" and plenty of mocking.

Deuce, Fyreball, Richie_Rich and 9 others like this.
  18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Andrew Sharp (I think it's him and not Ben Golliver) from SI open floor pod cast would be another gold mine for bad takes, guy is a certified rocket hater. Been hating them all year, never gives them credit for anything.

19. eslate22

eslate22 Member

just listened to it again... as you said, absolute gold :D

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Will Cain is not afraid to show his hate towards the rockets, cant stand that guy