1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media blowhards eating crow this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 23, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I remember Ramona Shelburne saying during the summer that she wasn’t even sure if the Rockets would be better than they were last season after adding Chris Paul...lmao

Where’s she at? She needs to step to the front of the congregation and atone for her foolishness.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Regardless, does anyone really think there was 0.5 seconds left on the clock? Like, how do they determine that? When they said 0.5 my heart sank. Typically that's enough time to get off a clean look.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

guys guys guys!!!
    Curry got hurt after that shimmy obviously!!!!!!
    Cut the kid some slack.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I know. I said that in my original post #3

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

For that question that you just asked, "how do they determine that?" is the very reason why any time added or taken away is always in regards to when the whistle actually blew. The only time that doesn't apply is when a dead or live ball can actually be determined by some concrete evidence such as the ball hitting out of bounds/a player touching a ball on an inbounds to make the ball live. Those should be the only things that trump the whistle.

What they did last night was essentially make a foul call and change it. According to the angle of the ref he (hypothetically) could have seen a totally different foul from the front or with the other hand which is what he ACTUALLY called. But then look at the video and determine that a foul that he didnt see happened at a different time. I thought that was totally against the rules...like reviewing if a toe was on the line for a 3 and then in the video determining that there was a foul and rewarding an and-1 after the fact when no foul was initially called.. Amazing how there has been no attention drawn to this blatant disregard of the rules.

francis 4 prez, DCkid and tmoney1101 like this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Me watching ESPN this morning.

[​IMG]

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

people like to be right opposed to being right

tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

me to

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ramona Shelburne who is a Lakers fan, and the most out of shape woman out of the Whole Journalist group. Who never played any sports of any kind. She seems like a Feminist. Hooray for Female Journalism I guess her and Rachel Nichols should get married in California they seem to be Attracted to each other.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

his foot was on the line, and klay grabbed harden on that screen too.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not even getting mad at Chuck at this point cause i think it's pretty obvious he's a great mix of dumbness and trollnes, one day he says the Rockets defense is trash when they held the Wolves to 35 points at the half...two days after he says the Rockets will win the championship, the week after they will get swept by the Warriors, tommorrow he'll say we're 100% winning the series...whatever. I'm more mad at Kenny, he's really butthurt...and bad.

Oh, i forgot about Reggie Miller...why does he hate Harden so much? I'd really like to know...cause it seems so obvious, he was literally not even trying to hide that in game 3, in the second half Paul made one basket and he sucked his dick, Harden got scored on two times and he was erupting against him in a way i honestly don't remember to have ever heard.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

All of ESPN are backtracking, Those Fools of Greenberg, Jalen Rose, Michelle Beadle Get Up, Max Kellerman who does hate Harden but picked Rockets 60 percent of of the season through, he hated the Paul trade. Will Cain hates Harden and Paul, didn't believe in the trade either. First Take, Sportnation, all the shows, Fox Sports Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless the old man Game 6 Spurs syndrome, Shannon LeBron Lover, Eddie House, Stephen Jackson, Kristin Leahy thinks 94, 95 Rockets should have asterisks of Jordan not playing in 95 he did he failed against the Magic. This Series they all looking foolish. They were all wrong. Shaq, Ernie, Chucky, Kenny all wrong. They all are back pedaling. ESPN, TNT, Fox Sports is completely embarrassed.

Richie_Rich, hieuytran and arabrocket like this.
  13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The fact that they called that ridiculous foul with 0.5 seconds left completely boggles my mind.

If the situation were reversed (Warriors up by 2, Rockets trying to foul) you can bet your ass they would have swallowed their whistle.

Of course, it would have meant absolutely nothing if CP3 made both free throws, but the refs were clearly trying to do whatever it took to give the Warriors a chance.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't even understand what this is supposed to mean.

Richie_Rich, J Sizzle and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Most all of them did.
    they really did look depressed. That was not a normal inside the NBA. They weren’t yucking it up like they usually do. It even seemed like it ended early. The rockets are making these guys look like fools.

Jake Tower likes this.
  16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

of course they'er not gonna look normal because they just ate big fat Dick after this loss, lmaol.

sushimaster likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ehh, not to pick on the video that you posted, but only Shaq gave the Rockets a shot. Kenny pointed out how the Rockets offensive philosophy will have to change, while the Warriors' offense doesn't have to change "because they're the better team." Whatever that means. And Barkley didn't really give the Rockets a shot. Of course everyone who's not an outright GS or HOU fan would want to see the series go the full 7.

There are plenty of instances where Barkley said that the Rockets won't win any games (after the GM 1 loss) or that they won't win any more games (after the GM 3 loss).

The posters that are crapping on the TNT trio of Barkley, Shaq and Kenny are justified in their anger.

Richie_Rich, Sajan and rockets1995 like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Giving the rockets a shot is different than wanting the rockets to win. I used it as proof that they arent upset that the rockets won like some media conspiracy posters said.

Shaq gives us a shot and chuck clearly says that he really wants it to be a close competitive series.

I didnt make the point that the tnt crew believes in us (they don’t), i made the point that they arent wanting the rockets to lose and rooting against them.

My post was in reply to someone saying the tnt crew was butthurt and frustrated that the rockets won. I heavily doubt tnt crew feels that way.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah, excellent drawn up play for Klay to grab and swing Harden to free Curry up for a three, with the foot on the line, and a late release.

All it needed was for him to make it for it to not count.

rimrocker, DCkid, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Lebron can recite whole stretches of a game from memory, play by play. MDA was asked about the last :15 and could not remember exactly what happened.

napalm06 likes this.