1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media blowhards eating crow this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 23, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So delicious. So satisfying.

Houstunna, dkim1984, D-rock and 46 others like this.
  2. Victorious

Victorious Member

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Got to say that last play by Golden State was well designed to free up Curry going to the corner moving left
    where he is automatic. Fortunately he missed and was late to release it. Great win. Best of 3 now.

Go Houston!!

Go Rockets!!

D-rock, Williamson, Sajan and 5 others like this.
  4. izeroi

izeroi Member

I haven't watched the replay since lastnight but it looked like his foot was on the line. Could be wrong.

IvanLCPM, Caesar, arabrocket and 3 others like this.
  5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I'm also not sure he even got it off in time

IvanLCPM, ilovehtownbb, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He didn't. Barkley had them replay the clip and the ball was clearly in Stephs hand when the buzzer sounded.

D-rock, Deckard, IvanLCPM and 13 others like this.
  7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

With the bias the refs have had in this series (I don’t care how many more FTs Rockets got- should have been significantly more for the Rockets and significantly less for GSW), I wouldn’t have been surprised if they didn’t bother to review the shot to confirm the timing had that shot gone in.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Rose being a big Houston booster this morning

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i want someone to go up to Barkley and stuff some crow in his fat face. "i'd be surprised if the rockets don't get swept."

It was a stupid thing to say at the time. i want that guy to eat it.

i know this isn't a novel revelation, but listening to the TNT guys after the game ...that has to be a collection of some of the stupidest people on earth. it's like they tried to put a team of stupid people together. The ideas they try to communicate ...the words they try to string together ...they basically fall into three categories. 1) dead wrong 2) incoherent 3) the logic of a young child

roslolian, D-rock, Deckard and 17 others like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Clearly, he isn’t automatic.

DonKnock and Nook like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

12. farhen

farhen Member

I sleep like a baby last night lmao

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Foot on the line.
    Didn't get it off in time.
    Moving screen to free him up.
    Shouldn't have had 0.5 seconds on the clock anyway.

SOOOO many reasons to be pissed as a Rockets fan if that shot took the game to OT.

dkim1984, D-rock, Deckard and 26 others like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I want dantoni to win so effing bad. Hes my favorite interview. The media doesnt understand him because they want him to act like a military drill sergeant to his team (like kevin mchale) but thats not mike dantoni.

He is true to himself and his team responds to his style. He is in their corner. You can tell he truly has his players backs. His story about his past coach killing his confidence which derailed his nba playing career was amazing and built him into the style of coach he is.

I want them to win for coach so bad. It was amazing todah to see nick wright give it to chris carter for banging dantoni too much.

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, in 14/15 playoffs Curry shot 64% from that corner 3. And it wasn’t a small sample size.

So yes, “nearly” automatic. Clearly the Rockets are taking my advice of overplaying his move to his left
    to disrupt his 3-point shooting. It’s been effective for the most part.

saleem likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kenny Smith after the Mike DAntoni press conference said "Mike DAntoni doesn't have the same muscle memory as LeBron." Kenny thought he was funny but nobody laughed, for Kenny to say that shows how jealous and petty you are of not getting the Rockets Head Coaching Job. Inside the NBA, after the the game, they look so disappointed and shocked. Those fools are so dumb collectively, 4 Clowns at their finest, No Respect givin after teams and players get eliminated from the playoffs, with their Gone Fishin Krap.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

‘Get Up’ or whatever it’s called seems to be avoiding the series. They covered it, said nice things about the Rockets then moved on as soon as possible.

Seems odd... if the Warriors win that game, they get 45 minutes of coverage.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, 3 years ago Curry shot 64%? How about last season and the season before?

EDIT

found it. Actually 14-18 3 years ago
    7-16 2 years ago
    10-15 last year
    2-4 this year

#18 bobrek, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Weird I got a completely different vibe. I got that they were excited and happy that they finally got to watch an exciting compelling game. I've always got the vibe that the tnt crew is rooting for us because they want the warriors to finally fall and they want parity.

Also Shaq has said we had a shot before the series started. He's given us plenty of respect. Also chuck clearly says here that he really wants it to be a 6 or 7 game series and that'd be awesome.

20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Credit to the Get Up! crew, they didn't give the Warriors a pass (although Jalen tried to get the Iggy factor subtly running) and gave the Rockets props for their toughness and defense.

saleem likes this.