1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA adjustments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, Apr 22, 2019.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Seems like we're stubbornly going with the same matchup and lineups with no adjustments. We barely won the last game so I'm wondering why we haven't made any adjustments. Can we not put Nene in to put a body on Robert? We're getting a dose of our own medicine with all the lobs and were giving up fast out backs while getting into foul trouble with smaller defenders. Hopefully we can come alive offensively. So far the foul discrepancy is 18-10 Utah.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Rubio and Crowder are the ones dominating right now. I wouldn't count on them to keep it up in the 2nd half. We've kept Mitchell in check and hopefully we will keep him in check in the 2nd half and we should be able to steal the game.

The refs are not giving Rockets calls so it's up to the Rockets to take this game from the Jazz. We stopped turning the ball over (only 3 in the 2nd), hopefully we keep those down in the 2nd half as well. I'm not worried at all. This is how a team that is about to be eliminated will play.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Aim for the legs of Tony Brothers...

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, i'm not even a fan of MDA but he just tried to go small and seems like it was working.

HP3 and ElPigto like this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah as Chris Webber observed, D'Antoni took Capela out, to bring Gobert away from the rim on defense. Then Tucker fouled and had to come out, and Capela went back in.

6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Favors is keeping Capela away from the basket to prevent any lobs. So far MDA hasn't countered with a guy that won't get pushed around.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We know he won't make any .

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I knew that 3pt barrage would stop, and we would lose because we weren't playing hard on D.

DD

topfive, banzai, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Let’s see what he do

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We seemed a step slow all game getting to loose balls and especially on the defensive glass.

It's cliched, but really the effort needs to just be better. A little disappointed the Rockets didn't show more toughness in that fourth quarter.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tell Clint to wake up?

Tell the bench to show up?

I mean...Rockets gameplan is fine. The players just didn’t perform. I’d use the Tuckwagon lineup a little more often, but when it comes down to it, the players have to give a damn to start the games and actually knock down shots. That’d go a long way.

RichieBanks likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Defensively can anyone tell me what the Rockets are trying to prevent? They are giving up wide open 3s at a ridiculous rate and the paint defense is non existent.

What the hell is going on. If this was against the Warriors, it would be a 20 pt blowout.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. TheSource

TheSource Member

I’ve said this before but it’s amazing how we are the only team in the league that just forgets to how to play basketball it’s so frustrating to watch

BasketMAD likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We're just gonna play our style."

;)

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I already said this in another thread but, even though Faried didn't look good in the first half, the game changed for us in the 3rd quarter, we were up after playing much better meanwhile Clint was still horrible, why not try Faried? We have a very deep bench unlike last season, but if Mike doesn't play other guys even when like tonight Capela and House are absolute garbage, i don't know...Clint was not even having a bad game, he was looking like a dead corpse out there, couldn't catch a ball to save his life, couldn't jump...when Favors blocked him i got worried he could've break him in two ffs...by far our worst player tonight, but for some reason he was still out there after he already played (like trash) a lot of minutes to start the 4th quarter when we should've try to kill the Jazz...House also had a bad game, couldn't make a play but he was still out there with the game on the line.

topfive likes this.
  16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

This guy is a total r****dddd. He got faried and Capela, and didnt use any of them for harden at the end to drive and kick when gobert is out. God, how can a person be so dumb.

BasketMAD likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clint should have been on the bench in a suit. The dude was clearly sick. That's on MDA. House was shooting brick after brick and you leave him in? Crowd got to him. Faried disappeared for some reason. He should have gotten some burn in the second half, maybe grab some of the rebounds Utah was getting to. Where was Nene? Shumpert?

kjayp likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

He did make adjustments. They just didn’t work.

He started running plays for harden on the right side on the court to get that step back off easier.

He saw capela was trash and benched him to go small. They were getting wide open shots from it but just missing them.

topfive likes this.
  19. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

This is a game when you 100% give guys like Nene and Shumpert some run. Up 3-0 and Capela looks like he just choked on a dong whilst House bricks three after three. I mean, this is truly sloppy coaching. His stubborn ways constantly cost us. We are good enough to win often, but if he would show some confidence in those guys, it could do wonders/get guys some rest.

Handles, sushimaster and BasketMAD like this.
  20. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

The only adjustment I felt he could have done was put in Faried, Nene or Capella midway through the 4th quarter. Jazz were killing Rockets in offensive rebounds during that stretch. Other than that it was just an off day shooting wise and Jazz did a great job defensively contesting most shots and not letting Capella get easy dunks. It's ok though, Rockets will bounce back. I think such games/losses are important to make the necessary adjustments against such defense going forward.