1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe Rockets Losing is blessing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Nov 25, 2005.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It's still way early in the season and everyone is getting upset, but we were worse last year and we ended up with the 5th seed. maybe we should just play like crap for a while so when we turn it up we won't make it higher than the 6th seed. That way we don't have to face the Spurs or mavs until western conference Finals. which means we get deeper and further into the playoffs cuz the best 3 teams out west are in Texas.

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

why, who's the next Lebron?

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i've been thinking the same thing. if we come back and make the playoffs, we most likely will not be in the top bracket with the #1 seed (spurs).

if healthy we can beat the suns or nuggets. if we get back to the way we were playing last year then being in the 6th or 7th seed isn't too bad because we will probably upset in the first round.

another good tihng about the losing is that tmac is making his case for MVP.

the losing will also force a trade soon. as we know we definitely need an upgrade in the backcourt.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's a blessing, alright . . . for my wife. She was pissed that I spent so much time watching the Astros' postseason, which was not part of our marital contract and, as of 45 games into the baseball season, was not supposed to exist. Now it looks like she's getting her payback. A few more weeks of McGrady in street clothes, and April will be hers.

5. edc

edc Contributing Member

The Rockets were not "worse last year." They are further under .500 than they have been at any point since the Yao Ming-less, Meniere's disease season of 2001-2002.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

To tell the truth, I don't have a lot of hope for Rox in this season. Unless something dramatically happens, this season is more likely a disappointment even T-Mac comes back, the hole is too deep and it is very hard to completely turn around.

However, I think it will be a valuable learning experience for those young guys in this team, like Yao, Head and Swift, etc. I think it will benefit the Rox in a long run.

7. waterflea

waterflea Member

Hope for 6. 3 is a fake rank and very vulnerable in the playoffs as we know.