1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe, Just Maybe, Bill O’Brien knows what he is doing.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Brissett had 10 TDs coming into the game.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Going against everything unsoundly believe... BillyO wasn’t horrible in-game today imo.

Clearly whatever he is saying regarding penalties isn’t working though. Just take away half the penalties and I think the Texans win.... though barely.

Biggest disappointment was playcallijg in the red zone very early.

Otherwise factor in all the injuries, penalties and one insane Watson pick attempt ... I won’t put this one on BillyO.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  3. JayZ750

Well.. I did forget he burned a timeout so a punter could take a safety - could have just taken delay if game at that point. Then didn’t use timeouts before e 2 minute warning. Didn’t end up being an issue but still...

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Shouldn't put it solely on him but if your team is committing a bunch of penalties again and the offense has a slow start again. He has to carry some of the blame. Some goes on Watson too.

5. raining threes

They will be fine in next yrs draft.

6. raining threes

Rumor has it that the new CBA signing will include a 20 million increase in the cap.

Coutee/Akins/Reid were all good to great picks since they were in the 3rd/4th rds. Especially considering the Texans history in the draft in those rds.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope the cap goes up big.

raining threes likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

yea those were gaines pick w/ bob input (i'm guessing), pretty optimistic to think he will get lucky again this time solo.

9. Nook

Nook Member

4 TD’s against the Texans.

It’s disappointing but we play them again.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You guys are nothing if not predictable....

They're 18-11 in games started by Desahun Watson, a 10-win pace - which is not mediocre. And BTW, those 11 losses? By a combined 49 points; 7 were by less than 6 points and none were by more than 1 score.

Picking an extreme outlier of excellence and making that a standard is pure troll. There are currently 29 teams in the sport the Astros actually play who can't replicate what they've built - but, sure: let's measure the Texans by the Astros' success.

Also, if the Texans were ever as bad as the Astros were between their 9-year gap in playoff appearances (623-835), fans would burn NRG to the ground. Sure, the Astros are reaping the rewards of being that bad for that long - but let's not pretend they snapped their fingers and were good. Jeff Luhnow just jumped above .500 as a GM late this year; as is, his career winning % is .506.

11. raining threes

Dont know why you think it was luck.

All of the scouts minus Gaine are still here and Caserio will be here most likely to replace Gaine.

If they have a good draft like the last two then it's all Gaine with very little input from BOB. When the drafts are bad like under RS then BOB has too much input and the bad drafts are BOB's fault.

12. raining threes

Hopefully Roby will be back and JoJo/Gipson and the rest of the secondary will be healthier next time around. Also I hope there's a different officiating crew calling next game.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And a new corner that we traded for as well hopefully.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

On prime time here at home.

Nook likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We’ve ramped up efforts to acquire Chris Harris Jr

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. JayZ750

I don't know the cap that well in the NFL. I know the Texans will have some players on their squad to get contracts. I thought the Texans were somewhat uniquely situated as a team with a lot of cap space next year relative to other teams. If the cap goes up big, doesn't that just let every team have cap room and make it harder to sign FAs, potentially?

17. Mr. Clutch

Yes that's true. But the Texans have to give big extensions to Watson and Tunsil. Several other key free agents too. Not exactly sure how many free agents other teams have but I think most have their QBs locked up

18. conquistador#11

Rumors?or just wishful thinking?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Great let's mortgage the future even more for this mediocre coach and a roster that isn't a contender

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

For some getting into the playoffs is a success regardless of how badly we get ass blasted.

Mr. Clutch likes this.