1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max: Lebron a sellout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I am still waiting on Trump or these so called freedom fighters take on British, Spain, and Chile rioters who are using the same tactic as those in Hong Kong even chanting silmilar demands.

Lovemachine2000 and KingLeoric like this.
  2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

LeBron always been a hypocrite imo. All the fake acting, drama, fake injuries, he might be a big person physically, but he is soft as hell. He hides behind his brand. Worst of all, he makes for a very cray politician.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

How long before Morey tweets for Catalonia freedom?

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey's league and team aren't making hypocritical billion dollar deals with the Spanish. That's the part that many people are forgetting and to me a major key why Morey did what he did. He couldn't stand his league and the fake activists nba stars making billion dollar deals with the devil.

5. Nook

Nook Member

First, what does it matter about what Trump says? His opinion is just his opinion. In the West people can disagree with their elected leaders and if enough people dislike their leader, they can replace them.

Britain is a democracy, they have elections and they have the right to protest if they choose to. I don't really think there is an issue.

As for Spain, I have a bigger issue with the government that has started controlling the media and the officers that have committed brutalities on their people.

As for Chile, there are protests and violence because their government has failed them.

Again......... you just really do not understand the issue from the perspective of people that believe that the government should be of the people, by the people and for the people. The government is there to protect freedoms and not take them away. The fact that you want to know what Trump thinks of the issue only further demonstrates your lack of understanding.

The state is beholden to the people, not the other way around.

Patience likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

You just don't get it at all.

Morey has friends in Hong Kong and has personal connections to Hong Kong.

I do not know if he has any personal connections to Catalonia. If you were able to ask him in private, I am sure he would support those wanting self determination. I believe that Spain also has multiple competitive parties and is a democracy with a monarchy that has ceremonial powers.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Funny that both Max and Shannon are calling out Lebron when they've been the biggest Lebron dickriders for the last decade.

Tells you a lot about how much of sellout Lebron really is. Lebron would easily sell out his friends and country if it meant an extra buck from China.

Mazulis, linvetb6 and Nook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Wait a second, China cannot stand black people? I thought LeBron said it was great there and he is treated great..... which is it?

Second, it China is such a scary place that LeBron was scared of physical harm, then why is he there? He says he represents the players, so why would be support them going to a place like that? ..... makes no sense at all.

What has Morey said about the issues in the USA? Pay attention, he has tweeted on it numerous times and has discussed it in the past. Why didn't it get more attention? Because people didn't blow up in anger that he supported causes locally.

No black person has ever had the level of protection that Morey has had to exercise their free speech? Learn history......... there have been Amendments to the Constitution and Acts of Congress protecting the rights of African Americans. How disrespectful of you to gloss over all the hard work put in by people like Martin Luther King and many others.

Severe Rockets Fan and bobrek like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

His entire post is coated in irony.

Nook likes this.
  10. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Naw, these decisions shouldn't be made based on money. It's the principles people!

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Well the Gasols are from Spain.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, maybe they will voice their support for independence or against independence. Whichever side they support will likely not result in Spain trying to punish the NBA or the Gasol's for their opinion.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That's very naive pov. You cannot ignore Morey's league, employer, and the billion dollar deals that he's surrounded by. That's the tipping point for someone Morey who lives the hypocrisy daily while having connections with those suffering.

14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

It's not punishment, don't look at it like that. China is not trying to get any other countries to go against NBA or Rockets. The message is always "We don't do business with those who don't respect our core values." (Like I would stop doing business with someone if he calls my mom fat or something). Capitalism countries may handle this situation differently in this case I understand that.

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I think I still go with Morey's own clarification for now.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Fallout 3 started like this. First, the Capitols and Mystiques won titles, the Nationals fell, there are intelligent blobs, and then China invades for resources. In the end, the Chinese Remnant, the remains of the Chinese intelligence network in the United States, ghoulified and are eking out an existence in a fortified safehouse within the ruins of Washington, D.C.