1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman does not believe Harden is a top 5 NBA player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Aug 15, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So you equate single handedly carrying rockets role players to 3rd seed in the west behind and ahead multi star studded teams, beating mvp led team in the 1st round, and losing in 6 games to a vastly superior team which had 2nd seed, 6 more wins, hca, hof coach pop, at least 15 more total rings for coach n roster, etc.. As a quit job???

DonKnock likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden is a definite top 5 NBA player in the regular season.

Only way Kellerman has a case is if he is referring to playoffs in which case Harden is not a shoe in top 5 player.

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

We have to realize that most basketball fans who watched the playoffs last year and who aren't Rockets fans believe Harden quit on his team. Hell I question what happened myself. That narrative added to the ever present "he doesn't play defense" narrative have really hurt Harden's rep. Yes, everyone will acknowledge he is an offensive force but he's going to have to do something other than dominate in the regular season to get the accolades he deserves. It may not necessarily be fair but it's true.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

when i see stuff like this i'm reminded that folks like him and even worse get nba votes

5. cebu

cebu Member

Let's see.

Lebron
    Curry
    LEonard
    Westbrook
    Durant

I'm not surprised.

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

I believe Stephen A also didn't include Harden or Westbrook in the top 5 so theres that

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ranking players but also getting offended by others rankings is a waste of time. It's stupid. If you replaced them with each other, Curry wouldn't have been able to lead the Rockets like Harden did last year, and Harden wouldn't have made the Warriors as good in place of Curry. Both teams would have been good, just not as good as they were.

The narrative is already written for our Rockets in the media. Hoping they flame out in the first or second round, they'll say Harden and CP don't have what it takes. Conference finals? They'll still rag on us, saying it means nothing, still no where near Warriors' level. Unless we had gotten Melo I don't see a way this season plays out differently.

8. vlaurelio

actually it's grossly both unfair and untrue

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recovered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Max has herpes. Fact.

10. rocketseagles07

This idea that the spurs have some amazing team is not only untrue but it's silly when you use that yet we lost in game 6 to them without their best player and Jonathan Simmons who the spurs didn't even choose to keep outplayed our whole squad.

Anyways, max has never liked harden this shouldn't be a surprise.

As for the ad hate, I think the impact or lack there of he's had on wins speaks more to the nba being a guard driven league. He's a MONSTER and he plays his butt off. It's just bigs don't contribute to wins like wings do, which is why I can't justify him over harden. I don't really have a problem with anyone who views harden in the 4-7 range along with curry, Russ, etc. anything after that I can't get with

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't believe Max Kellerman is a top 5 sports analyst.

#51 photojoe, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    tinman and Tfor3 like this.
  12. vlaurelio

try debunk these

fact: last year, spurs are a vastly superior team to the rockets

spurs beat the rox 3-1 reg season
    2nd seed over all (6 wins behind GSW, 6 wins ahead of HOU)
    HCA
    Pops >>>>> MDA
    LMA, Green, Gasol, Parker, Lee, Mills, Simmons, Ginobli, Dedmon >>>>> Ariza, Capela, P Bev, Ego, Williams, Dekker, Harrell, Nene
    total number of rings of Spurs roster including coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rockets

fact: lebron nor KD nor steph would have -

single handedly just by themselves carried the rockets team to 2nd seed over all (62 wins or more) last year
    single handedly just be themselves carried the rockets past the spurs

#52 vlaurelio, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's in it for the hot takes. He's a Boxing guy anyway.

xiki likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At least he mentioned him. Kellerman listed off about 10 guys and said John Wall could move into the top 5 soon.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Fax?

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Reading the comments on the you tube feed. Somebody had Melo #3. Which one of you guys was it? LOL

Which current player has had a better 3 year offensive run than harden? Answer...nobody.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes I agree. This is why he is over rated and not a top 5 player. Guards are just way more valuable in todays nba.

You just helped make the argument that davis is over rated and that harden is better.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is there anyone who pays any attention to SAS' hand picked foil post-B'less?

Ridiculous.

19. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

ehhh I can see why he doesn't have Harden in top 5.. Lebron, KD, Curry, Westbrook.. maybe Kawhi and our own CP3.. but he's a top 10 player for sure.

20. brosef

brosef Member

And I don't believe Max Kellerman is a sports analyst...