1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] The Defenders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Link

[​IMG]

Over the past week or so, the Television Critics Association winter press tour has been taking place, and superhero TV shows had a major presence thanks to Netflix. Following the success of Daredevil and Jessica Jones in 2015, the online streaming service obviously have big plans for this corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward, and this weekend saw them drop plenty of major revelations.

Those related to all of the heroes who will one day assemble to form The Defenders, with a specific focus on Daredevil’s next season (which is set to launch this March) and some very interesting details about new characters like Elektra and The Punisher. Marvel and Netflix also made some huge announcements about what’s next for these heroes, while comic book fans should be very excited to hear that some very familiar costumes and personas are on the way, whether those appear in Daredevil, Luke Cage, or something entirely new. Simply put, it’s going to be a very exciting few years for The Defenders!

Based on how well things have been going for these shows so far, that team-up stands a chance of being every bit as big an event as The Avengers was back in 2012, and these new details just prove that.

2. Xerobull

Charlie Cox Reveals When THE DEFENDERS Stars Shooting And It's Sooner Than You Think

The success of Daredevil seemingly delayed the launch of The Defenders, but it sounds like we'll see The Man Without Fear, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist unite much sooner than expected...

[​IMG]

Netflix is currently holding an event in Paris, and in attendance are the stars from some of their most popular shows. Among them of course is Daredevil star Charlie Cox, and after taking to the stage to answer questions from journalists, the actor dropped a very surprising revelation about The Defenders. According to The Independent, he announced that the team-up series which will unite Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will start shooting later this year, much sooner than thought.

With Iron Fist expected to start shooting soon, it now seems like that that will air in early 2017, with The Defenders following possibly in the Fall (it would be nice to see that before then, but the online streaming service seem committed to only releasing two of these Marvel shows a year). Where does all of this leave season three of Daredevil though? "We don’t know if there’s going to be a season three," Cox confirmed. "I certainly don’t know." Here's hoping we hear more on that soon

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I will take this back if Defenders is truly epic, but they need to get it out of the way so the four individual series can flourish. This is assuming Luke Cage and Iron Fish live up to the standard set by DD and JJ.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lamest superhero ever

Zboy, Pen15clubber and bwax01 like this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Aquaman resents that statement

Rocket River

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I like Daredevil a lot and this could be good but Jessica Jones was only ok. The only thing that saved it was the bad guy having such power. So hopefully this is another Daredevil quality show and less Jessica Jones.

8. Nero

Nero Member

I wonder how many people felt this way.. personally, I *LOVED* the JJ series. I can understand how it's not for everyone, because it was definitely quirky. But there was so much to like, and Kilgrave was my favorite villain in a long time. I really enjoyed how the show gave all the ancillary characters room to grow and become more than just disposable wallpaper.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

So is this going to premiere before Iron Fist comes out?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't have links for you right now, but from what I've read, Iron Fist will come out early next year followed by Defenders in the summer/fall.

My gut feeling is Iron Fist will primarily be a setup for Defenders.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm not sure if Finn Jones can carry an entire series. I think you're right, in that either one or more of the Defenders (DD, JJ, Cage) will be the Luke Cage to Finn's JJ; that is, guest starring for 3-4 episodes just to lessen the burden.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Comicon Luke Cage trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ymw5uvViqPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Plus, bonus Iron Fist teaser:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QCSPda7xQ3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, a Defenders teaser with no actual footage from the show:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wBZtM8q2Z1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#12 Ottomaton, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Once you evolve that Iron Fish its pretty strong.

14. Xerobull

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Finn Jones and Mike Colter: two anti-charismatic actors. How bad could it get?

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Iron Fist will fit in ok, although I was hoping Ward would be involved. I wouldn't include any other actors from Luke Cage but apparently they are.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Misty Knight will be a superhero. Claire Temple always around. Mayor Mariah well, maybe.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Misty Knight is the ****, also to the guy that said Mike Colter isn't charismatic, please...Finn Jones isn't bad either.