1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

In the comics that I have it was Adam Warlock who takes down Thanos. Thanos wanted to deliver the universe to his beloved who was the female personification of death. The Russos changed that story line to the current one where he wipes out half the universe (for what I considered to be a most stupid reason). All of the trailers and "spoilers" are hinting that the Avengers will somehow be able to reverse what Thanos has done and Marvel has been stoking the fires of speculation to keep everyone "hooked". I'm curious to see just what part Dr. Strange plays in Endgame. After all, it was he who used the Eye Of The Agamotto (also known as the Time Stone) to peer into all possible outcomes so what he saw should form the basis of Endgame.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Kinda interesting seeing Shuri on the deceased side. I know she didn't get ashed in the movie but was knocked out, presumably just unconscious. This makes it seem like she's confirmed dead.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I disagree. The comic story which he decides to wipe out have the universe for "his beloved" aka Thor's sister aka Hela is stupider.

I like what Marvel did here with the cinematic version. He felt he had a purpose, destiny, or obligation to rid the world of famine, starvation, extinction; therefore figures the best way to go about it is subtract half of the population. Which he states has been a tride and true formula for bringing balance to a civilization.

Not only have they been hinting that the Avengers will somehow reverse the 'SNAP' they have already set out trailers to SpiderMan 2 as well as announced the return of Black Panther in a sequel, among others.

The real suspense comes from how exactly they pull this off and how many of the lost can actually be recovered by the end of it all. Loki, Heimdall, and Gamora may not be for sures as they were lost prior to the 'SNAP'.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Shuri is one of the many that have been confirmed as "MISSING".

[​IMG]

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reeko and FLASH21 like this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

All right, CAP! Gonna see it at least twice now in the theater, even if I have to sleep through it.

"Dad, why do you hate John Kasich?"
    "Because on that debate stage he said he'd be loyal to whoever gets the nomination and he went back on his word."
    "........REALLY?"

-----

"Hey, what'd you think of Endgame?"
    "Didn't see it. Breitbart told me Chris Evans is Satan's left nut."
    "Seriously?"
    "Hey, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    "And now the clichés?"
    "Hey, Hillary Clinton Pizzagate Benghazi emails, Obama born in Africa, Ocasio is a Manchurian Candidate, Jade Helm closed WalMarts as detention centers......."

Phillyrocket and Eric Riley like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

BamBam and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

B-Bob likes this.
  10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I'm sure it's not the first time I've drawn your ire. It is news related to the movie. However, if people don't think it's discussion worthy, then fine.

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You're right. I probably should have done that.

#851 BruceAndre, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Probably should be spoilered butt............

B-Bob likes this.
  13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They said that's why he got immediately transported to the soul stone.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is there anything to the Captain Marvel, Antman and the Michionne facing the opposite way to the 29 others?

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat? so he was supposed to be dusted, hence transported into the soul stone? but since he controlled it, he could escape and move to the rice fields in cambodia?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I’m just basing off what the YouTube people I follow have said who base their stuff from what Marvel writers have said. They also said that the reason why Stormbreaker was able to bust thru the full infinity gauntlet was because Thanos didn’t have a full understanding of how to use everything that the infinity stones could do and how to properly defend against Stormbreaker. Meaning that if it gets used against him again then he would be able to defend himself.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

that whole transported into the soul stone scene was confusing as well tho. what does that even mean? was mini-gamora even real or was that just his imagination? or was he even in the soul stone or did he imagine it? i need answers!

also how does teen-groot's wooden hand even be strong enough to hold the stormbreaker? you can hit it with basically any object and the handle will break. it's only wood.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

whats the soul stone do in the mcu? talk to dead kids?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve been wondering about the wooden handle for the longest time too.