1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Captain America 4: New World Order

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 3, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Movies are so 2018 it’s all about shows get with the groove

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Remember the preview, thought it looked interesting until it ended with a blurb about being from the writer/director of Looper, at which point I immediately wrote it off.

3. Senator

Senator Member

Some guy called Scorcese disagrees with you. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/opinion/martin-scorsese-marvel.html
    Every adult out there knows he's right. It's the same formula 2 to 3 times every year waiting to be lapped up by masses who have already dictated how the story is going to be based on test groups of these same people. It has hurt the cinematic experience , free thought and offerings to people in most cities/small towns. I don't blame the writers and actors for the easy money, but I do blame the audiences too scared to think for themselves.

4. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Or perhaps many do not take movies as seriously as Martin Scorsese or many other Hollywood types.

I do not think that Avengers: Endgame or the latest Star Wars are hurting people's abilities to think for themselves. That's a pretty lofty position to put upon the film industry. Yes, there are numerous examples of film as high art; but at the end of the day the primary point is entertainment, not the education or enlightenment of the masses (according to the opinion of the writer/director).

Personally, after dealing with real world bullshit for work and many other parts of my life I'm not eager to plunk down an exorbitant chunk of change to sit in a big room with stuffy people to have some artiste preach to me why the world sucks even more than most people already realize. That said, there are a lot of options out there for people who are looking for just that kind of experience. A lot of times I don't even feel the need to go see the big robots or capes beating the crap out of each other, either. That's what most adults realize: you can make up your on mind on such things.

cmoak1982 and justtxyank like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The whining about superhero movies is as lame as Eddie Johnson's vendetta against Harden.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'll ALL be back for Deadpool.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, they can do time travel, or alternate reality, or whatever, people won't care.

Everybody would be on board for cameos in an MCU Deadpool movie and so would the fans.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Awesome news, but probably not Cap 4. Or at least, no the star of Cap 4 if it ever gets made.

I do think that there's an entire movie's worth of material from when he made the time jump at the end of Endgame.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m going to go see the midnight premier and Snapchat the entire movie to @LosPollosHermanos

Jontro likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Deadpool goes back in time to see America’s ass.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

pre fapping initiated

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He looking for CP3 money

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aye, Captain Rogers is in it.

Deckard likes this.
  15. Xerobull

16. PhiSlammaJamma

My initial thought is that the way they left Red Skull watching over death, that was intriguing. How did he get there and what is he up too. That's where the story should be. Red Skull has a story to tell so I would make him the main character and focal point. And then you can pull in Mackey or Evans to support it. As a casual fan that is where I would want them to go. I don't know what good story the comics may already have loaded up though and they may very well have a good one that's been tested by the market already.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Marvel likes to keep one superhero grounded in reality so I doubt they'll go that route. The Captain brand is the Jason Bourne of the MCU.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's ALWAYS Hydra with these America guys. C'mon already.

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  19. Xerobull

You know the legend of the Hydra, right? Cut off one head, two more grow in its place.

STR8Thugg and Ziggy like this.
  20. Xerobull