1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Widow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Scarlett Johansson Lands Massive $15 Million Payday For Starring In BLACK WIDOW Movie
    [​IMG]
    In an unprecedented move by Marvel Studios, it's been revealed today that Avengers: Infinity Warstar Scarlett Johansson hs secured a huge payday to return as Black Widow in that planned solo outing...
    Josh Wilding | 10/11/2018
    Filed Under: "Black Widow" Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    [​IMG]

Marvel Studios isn't known for paying its stars a huge amount of money. Before he became a pivotal part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Robert Downey Jr. was paid a paltry $500,000 for the first Iron Man movie and Scarlett Johansson earned a low seven-figure salary for The Avengers (which is a lot of money to us regular folk but not a patch on the $50 million scored by Downey Jr. in the ensemble).

However, The Hollywood Reporter has now revealed that Johansson - who has starred in six movies as Black Widow - will land a massive $15 million payday for the upcoming standalone movie featuring the spy. That's the same amount that Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth made for Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok and Marvel Studios is clearly embracing the idea of equal pay for its actors.

The trade notes that those who stick around for the long haul in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are rewarded for their efforts because Chadwick Boseman, who was paid $2 million for Black Panther, is expected to receive a significant pay rise for the sequel. Marvel also allows its actors to share in the upside of a movie and you have to wonder if more money will convince Chris Evans to stick around.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

What would the plot even be, of a Black Widow movie?

I feel like Agent Carter was already representative enough, of female character in the MCU who operated as a spy (of sorts) and was a total badass at it. Winter Soldier already touched on espionage and how you can't always trust the government / SHIELD within the MCU.

imo, Johansson / BW doesn't bring enough "newness" to the table. I'd much rather see a new, unknown property get a solo movie, and have that character be a part of phase 4.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO just about the only thing to do is to tell her origin story, like back when she was a spy and have her as the villian or anti-hero for most of the movie before Hawkeye flips her.

There's a really interesting story to tell if they want to do it, but I feel like it already should have happened by now. Also, if you do this it'll make more of an impact when you kill both characters off in Avengers 4.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd watch an origin movie if done right. Probably a similar feel like winter soldier meets atomic blonde

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

something that showcases her boobies would probably win an oscar.

R0ckets03, val_modus, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They said they want to step back after Infinity War and go smaller. There's no topping Thanos, so it's wise to go with more grounded conflicts.

This is perfect for Black Widow who is comically underpowered compared to the other heroes. It will depend entirely on how well it is written, but an outright action spy adventure could be awesome. She is an established character, so they wouldn't have to waste half the movie developing, they could dive right in

Kruze10 and Deckard like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek window is teh least interesting character.. right along with blek legolas.

Xerobull and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They just want to show off Scarlett and her goods.

Duncan McDonuts and Jontro like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek window: pawg goes bbc

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I really don't care about Black Widow. Scarlett Jo is so damn fine...

R0ckets03 likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

A James Bondish origin story with a good script and no cheesy Avenger cameos?

That actually sounds good.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping it is Black Widow trying to figure out who is a skrill and who isn't.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, I'm fine with that. :cool:

Agree with the need for an excellent script. Scarlett can act, if they'll give her something decent to say.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

This has offended Scarlett Johansson's butt

Jontro and Deckard like this.
  15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

First trailer is out.....

mikol13, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

She could use that 15 million to treat the Derek Jeter Herpes she has.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

not impressed.

but she'd be perfect for jack ryan.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s still pretty funny that she was on a battle field with someone as strong as Thanos that was also carrying a gauntlet with unlimited power. How did they pull that off lol

Jontro likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Looks like Marvel will have a continuous L streak on origin movies: Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, and this look to be all on par of not so good. I did like iron man though.

Also, is $15mil all that much in todays box office? Wasnt Will Smith commanding like 20mil 10-15 years ago for movies?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess unlike most, I always liked her presence with the Avengers. I like Scarlett-fu, and she's so easy on (my) eyes versus all the dudes, and I like that she was more serious than most of them. Finally SJ is easily one of the more talented actors in MCU.

So... yeah, I'll give this one a try, even though the Russian family looks cringe.

mikol13 and FLASH21 like this.