1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Solid 9/10. I thought the little sister was great, stole a lot of scenes. And I need whatever kind of steroids Michael B Jordan is taking.

Junkyard_Dog, seclusion and Jontro like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the movie was great, I give it a 10/10

Killmonger was a great character, and BP’s sister, Okoye, and Nakia were great too

I loved the musical scores throughout the movie, and there were some funny moments throughout

Marvel>>>>DC

Junkyard_Dog, seclusion and tinman like this.
  3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought it was great. Walking Dead chick is a badass in whatever character she takes on.

9/10

htownrox1, Junkyard_Dog and seclusion like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Loved it. The character development on both Kilmonger and T'Chala was excellent. I don't recall a Marvel movie with a better fleshed out villain than Black Panther. The action scenes were meh though, some cool stuff but nothing earth shattering. I wanted to see some more dope Wakandan tech.

Junkyard_Dog and seclusion like this.
  5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I liked it well enough, but probably my least favorite MCU movie. It doesn't help that the majority of the movie is essentially the same element being repeated over and over again. In fact, several elements get repeated multiple times.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just 2; Infinity War / Antman and the Wasp.

I saw the movie today and I feel like it's right up there with Iron Man as the 2 best solo origin movies. Made me wish Wakanda was a real place. Really loved the last act. WHAT ARE THOSEEEE?!

Also made me want to go back and watch Civil War to see more T'Challa/Bucky.

3...more...months...Infinity War is going to be something else.

tinman, el gnomo and Junkyard_Dog like this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kilmonger made the movie. You could actually see where he was coming from and sympathize.

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They should have made him more about achieving his objectives instead of being part about his objectives and part typical villain.

mrm32 likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Worldwide box has well exceeded expectations. It will make $1 Billion worldwide.........which is unbelievable for a lesser-know Marvel/DC character.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He might mean Marvel properties in general. The ones you mentioned plus Deadpool, Venom, and even though it’s not live action Spider-Man : into the Spiderverse which I’m actually pretty hyped for

Also I heard the next X-men movie might be coming this year but I hope they put it on the back burner since the Disney/Fox deal

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It certainly didn't live up to the "transcends the MCU" type hype that some people were spitting out, but I never really expected it to.

It was really good though, after the first Iron Man and Winter Soldier, this is probably my favorite solo outing. They had to establish a lot of characters, a country's entire background, all while building it's own story. It was a lot of balls to juggle, but they did a damn good job of it. Pretty much all of the primary cast got some pretty nice screen time and development.

Kilmonger was a wasted opportunity, I was expecting more. He ended up being easily the most sympathetic MCU villain, and had justification for his actions. But most of the time on screen he was just a snarling *******. I think he might have been an epic villain for BP2, where they had more screen time to let his character percolate instead of just forcing him in, which is what this felt like. This movie would have been a perfect use of one of Marvels' patented throwaway villains. There was just too much this movie had to do world building wise to give Kilmonger the type of development he deserved.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

7.5/10. Definitely didnt live up to they hype. Hated Killmongerers character maye cause I dont like Mike B Jordan. The thing that really pissed me off was the trailers were so pumped and hyped with good music and it never came through in the movie. Only time was when Klau got out of his car and then it got muffled again once the car door closed.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I finally saw the movie, my favorite part

was when Goku fought Frieza for the first time only to be defeated and seemingly killed. Fortunately someone had a spare senzu bean in order to restore his health.

In all seriousness, the movie was alright. There were times when the movie dragged on and there was some bad CG at times (incidentally at times it reminded me of the Star Wars prequels).....also there were times where I found myself laughing at the movie when it was supposed to be serious. In all though, those things didn't take away from the overall experience and it's a solid 7 or so. Not amazing for a Marvel movie, but better than just about anything DC has done since The Nolan Batman movies.

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Really really like this movie. Hated that MBJ died...Was really hoping for a vegeta like turn. His methods were wrong but theres good there.

JamesC likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I’d give it a B+. Maybe A-; it’s a tough call. It got better as it went along, and Michael B Jordan made a great “villain”, i.e., you could understand why he chose such a path and not blame him much, while knowing you couldn’t let that sort of anger continue unbridled.

I like how this will tie in with Avengers. Remember the trailer? “And get this man a shield.” Then at the end, Cap and Hulk and BP et al running as if escaping with the stampede they created.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Where did Stark Sr. get the vibranium for Caps first shield? Was it ever mentioned in captain America? I don’t remember.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He got it from working hard and acing chemistry honors in high school.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Wakanda. Kidding, I don't believe they mentioned how he got it.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I wonder if he knew about Wakanda. I wish they would explore that.

seclusion likes this.