1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Thought this was a really good movie and you really shouldn’t expect anything less from Marvel. I don’t know if I’m ready to rank it in the top 5.

****ing Marvel has like 5 more movies coming out this year.

seclusion and Jontro like this.
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

If you find a few mild graphic death scenes ok with them, your're good, there was 1 S-bomb, that was it

amaru likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The RT score is 97% for critics (74% audience). There is a problem audience scores on RT right now. If u read the audience reviews for BP, there is a concerted effort by people to attack the film because of perceived politics (SJW...right wing favorite new slur). Most of those people haven’t seen the film...just want to bring down the score. This seems to be the new trend. Happened with The Last Jedi and a few other films recently. Fans boys for “jedi” and “Justice League” or Bigots and Trump voters for “BP”, it is getting harder to true fan reviews.

amaru likes this.
  4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Except The Last Jedi was full of SJW politics. And I didn't vote for Trump, and far from a SW fanboy. I calls it like I sees it.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

wow i just read a full page that didn't talk about the movie.

just go see it. will not ragret.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...it wasn't. It is called being made in a different time in History where Hollywood and the world is much more diverse. If the original Star Wars was made now.....by George Lucas.....same ideas, script for the movie, etc..., A New Hope would be a much more diverse movie. Some people can't accept that women and people color are being represented more by Hollywood because that is the true world we live in. Hell, there are more women on this planet than men and should have been represented in the original trilogy.

White men can't accept that a FICTIONAL universe shouldn't be dominated by WHITE MEN.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

I don't care what race or gender the protagonists of the movie are as long as they are all given equal opportunities to be competent. The men in the movie are variously portrayed as impulsive, angry, cowardly, childish, and the majority of times, called out as making the wrong choices by their female counterparts. As for the female roles, the majority of them were all shown being in positions of power and leadership, having few to any flaws. I'm a proponent of strong female characters, give me sarah conner, give me ellen ripley, give me wonder woman, give me olivia pope--but don't give me SJW propaganda and tell me it's good storytelling. Also, I'm not white, and nor am I the only non-white critic of this movie, and it might surprise you, but a fair amount of females don't like it either.

#267 Entropy, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know if I'd put them in the same boat. Star Wars: The Last Jedi at a 91% from critics is just insane. Almost everyone I know thought that movie was not good. And yes, they are all fans of the original Star Wars movies, but not like the dressing up in costume types. It's definitely obvious that user ratings are being faked by small people with stupid motives, but something weird is going on with critics ratings too.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Black Panther 3.9/5 audience, 4.15/5 critics

Critics and general audience disagree all the time. 3.9 vs 4.15 is so close methinks scarface is paranoid.

I agree it would be better for studio's money making if we had no ability to review the product they feed us but could only listen to critics, but on this movie both groups seem to really enjoy the movie and the argument fails.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That you see SJW proganda where it doesn’t exist....tells me all I need to know. You feel like a repressed male....boo hoo. LOL. You may not be White, but you come from a culture that they think men are supposed to be dominant and women submissive. U invoke Wonder Woman, ut there is a limit to your acceptance that women’s roles and portrayals have changed and are not going back.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy. Enjoyed it, but disappointed it was not as great as the hype.

jsingles, Jontro and mrm32 like this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn, thats what I was worried about. The hype train on this movie is unreal. I didnt think there was a way to live up to it. Going tomorrow to find out for myself.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Trying to go to this in the middle of the week. off peak hours.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m seeing it tonight...there were only 3 tickets available when I bought mine this morning

I’m hype to see this

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

my favorite Marvel movie so far has been Winter Soldier...I wonder where I’ll end up putting Black Panther in my rankings

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lupita's fat butt sticking out in those outfits she wore we're the highlight for me. :D

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I was quite pleased with the movie and its message.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Killmonger didn't really get a lot of screen time. I was looking forward to a good villan for once. Also the plot was kind of weak. Definitely not cw good.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

would like to see moarrr technological advancements in that suit. the boots was a nice touch, but unfortunately we didn't get to see its powers being used.