1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Ant-Man and the Wasp

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

July 6, 2018

Ant-Man 2 Is Happening, Get The Details

Fan-Made Art:

[​IMG]

One downside to Marvel having its Phase 3 plans on the table for all to see is that when the studio wants to make changes, it has to become headline news. For example, Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) wasn’t supposed to have a second movie on the docket for some time… and yet, now today we are learning that Ant-Man and The Wasp will hit theaters on July 6, 2018.

This announcement was part of a slew of updates made by Marvel, confirming that Lang will team up with Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) for an adventure that will mark "the first Marvel movie named after its heroine." Ant-Man was yet another hit for Marvel Studios, earning $178.5M domestically and a total global cume of $409.8 million. Needless to say, that’s not Avengers money, but it’s more than enough to prove that the solo, standalone Marvel adventure connected with audiences, and the addition of The Wasp to Ant-Man world should help power the sequel to greater heights.

As is mentioned in the Marvel release, the addition of Ant-Man and The Wasp to Marvel’s plans will cause a shift in the studio’s existing Phase 3. The July 6, 2018 date was occupied by Black Panther, which Marvel now says will open up February 16, 2018. That moves the Black Panther movie ahead of the first The Avengers: Infinity War- Part 1. From a narrative standpoint, that probably makes more sense, and it means audiences will get to spend more time with Chadwick Boseman’s hero before he’s likely used in the battle against Thanos.

Bad news for fans waiting for Captain Marvel, however. Carol Danvers’ origin story has been bumped off of November 2, 2018. According to this new report, the Captain Marvel feature won’t arrive in theaters until March 8, 2019. And there’s no mention of the Inhumans movie in this release.

Ant-Man is expected to make an appearance in next year’s Captain America: Civil War, where he’ll fight alongside Cap (Chris Evans) and Falcon (Anthony Mackie) – and even help them complete a mission that was hinted at in the end credits of the Ant-Man movie. Beyond that, we’re not sure where Ant-Man and The Wasp can go, or who they might battle. We expect the landscape of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to look very different following the Civil War, but at least this new announcement helps clear the vision of the studio, and the stories it still wants to tell.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Does the Wasp have the ability to shrink or upsize her boobs?

fapfapfapfap.

FLASH21 likes this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Doesn't need to. Evangeline Lilly is like... :eek:

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Her boobs look pretty upsized in that fan art.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My 2 1/2 week vacation begins Thursday so I will watch Antman. Just showed up on U-Verse on demand.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Official Trailer

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The first was a fun movie.

Rocket River

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

This looks great, still can't believe both movies movies is directed by the same guy that did Bring it On

Jontro likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Seriously looks fun. This is what I want in a super-hero movie: self-consciousness, humor, fun over violence, and creative action set pieces.

Loved Ragnarok, and this looks to have a similar tone, in a completely different setting.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

OK, that was a great trailer.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Marvel has the perfect combination right now Fun Comic Movies, Serious Comic Movies, Epic Movies, R Rated comic movies, etc.

They are the football team ranked #1 in offense, defense and special teams.

B-Bob and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What do you call this?

B-Bob likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I completely agree with your point, Marvel doesn't have any R rated movies out currently. I'm assuming you're referring to Deadpool and Logan which are Fox movies. Like I said, I'm with you though.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh you’re right my bad.

seclusion and B-Bob like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

One bad martha****er

B-Bob and peleincubus like this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

The Texans O-Line this season.

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Watching the Trailer again . . . Ant man and Wasp maybe the most comic book movie of them all
    IT seriously does not take itself seriously
    yet still is a bit adventurous

Rocket River

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

First was un-creative and uninteresting. I suspect this will be too.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

["tallanvor, post: 11561931, member: 25649"]First was un-creative and uninteresting. I suspect this will be too.

Haha, I don't think you saw the movie.

[Edit:] he deleted his post, so I added it above.

#19 seclusion, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I enjoyed the first one. It was a surprise for me. Michael Pena had me cracking up every time he was on screen so I hope he is in this one.
    This come out after Infinity War Pt1 so I wonder if it deals with any of the fallout or if it takes place before Infinity War in the MCU timeline

seclusion likes this.