1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris to OKC

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It’s ok. Will make it that much sweeter when we take them out in the playoffs.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Answered it myself. No worries.

3. malakas

malakas Member

The Blazers are in the estate that needs 5 years to be opened to see who he has left them to.

So much for being a fan, not even knowing that the owner died.

4. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO

treyk3 likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So the conclusion you got from this Oklahoma City Thunder signing is that the Houston Rockets franchise is garbage?

I am getting a lot more annoyed by the quality of posting on clutchfans recently than I ever have.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL!

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  7. blackistan

blackistan Member

This scrub id take over Shumpert in a heartbeat

8. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Calm down there turbo. I'm a Blazers fan through and through. People here know that. But..... maybe you shouldn't talk trash on an opposing team's forum after getting swept in the playoffs by effing New Orleans. Yes, I want to win a playoff series just to get that bad taste out of my mouth, and I honestly think we have a better shot this year as I like the Portland supporting cast much better. But, our team has to perform before we have a right to trash talk. Haha

Calm down buddy.

BamBam, Invisible Fan and BigMaloe like this.
  9. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Also on topic: I didn't think OKC could get any more unlikable, but they just did.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Markieff would've played a huge roll here, with lots of minutes behind PJ. Once Capella is back, his minutes at center would've been reduced and primarily playing PF. Instead he's playing behind Steven Adams with probably less minutes.

This had to come down to $$$money$$$ or more than one year guarantee commitment.

Not proud to say this but its evidence that Tilman is being cheap. Billion Dollar Buyer? What a load of ****

ak99999 likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sam Presti - "scared money don't make none"

Fertitta - "I am scared"

treyk3 likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm glad to see you're seeing what I'm seeing. Tilman is going to use new excuses throughout his tenure as to why he can't pay luxury tax. Repeater Tax is just the first iteration.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My official stance on Fertitta is "skeptical" but I am not out on him. Though I feel angry now, taking a step back in the marco I see both sides.

This offseason will be the final straw though. He ducked the LT/Repeater cycle. No more excuses not to spend and be aggressive starting this summer. I will not accept anymore excuses. Like NON

snowconeman22 and malakas like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea, he could win me back but right now I'm out. Didn't like his pre-season statements threatening to replace Morey in jest and overly praising D'Antoni. If we use the MLE on one player versus spreading it out I'll be very pleased. It's going to be hard to add a difference maker with our roster situation. So I'm hoping we add the best we can with the non tax MLE and figure out from there.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you really think this was so clever it needed to be posted twice?

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As it stands right now, the Thunder will pay about $60 million in luxury tax according to spotrac.com. If the team does not bring in any new free agents nor do they make any trades to lessen the tax it, the owner will then pay about $45 million in tax the following year.

For $100 million in tax payments over the next, are they fielding a team that is significantly better than any team in the West outside of Golden State?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. TimV

TimV Member

Not sure yet. But they certainly won't win the NBA Green Eyeshade Award for Best Accounting Practices Leading to Lowest Marginal Costs per Win (the GEABAPLLMCW award is really the Nobel prize of the graphing calculator and pocket protector set). Yet outside of spreadsheet nerds, this is generally not an award we should really care about as long as the owner doesn't seem to care either. If the Thunder owners are willing to spend an extra $100M to guarantee butts in the seats, bully for them.

malakas and steddinotayto like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup. But you are welcome to only read it once if it suits your fancy, chief.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Who knows .

But the owner probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't getting at least MOST of that money back through additional revenue.

They still might be making $ , just not as much .

But hey , when you demonstrate to your fans a commitment to winning and trying to put the best team on the floor , they respond by supporting the team in kind .