1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Main reason why Carmelo in Houston will be successful

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Dash

Dash Member

I think people easily forget the main reason why Harden and CP3 worked so well together, it's because no matter what defenses did to try to defend them, they would always just take advantage of the best mismatch to take the smartest possible even if those shots were Harden step back 3's or CP's long range twos. What OKC did wrong was primilarly make Melo into stand still 3 point shooter, and making him that way will not utilize his abilities to his fullest potential. But with Melo in houston, we will know now have at least 3 extremely good playmakers on the floor at all times that can also score from anywhere on the court. Combo of CP3, Harden, Melo Gordon on the floor at all times will make us even more unguardable than we were last year. Our team will continue to keep taking advantage of the best mismatch, while also using Melo in situations where he's most efficient which are post ups and midrange game with the occasional corner 3's.

And in regards to defensively, I believe jeff Bzedelik will come up with the best plan using team defense to help mitigate the loss of ariza but I also believe Melo can be a sufficient defender in a well disciplined defensive plan. Also with another year of development from Capela to help defensively when others make mistakes, i strongly believe our defense won't fall off like everyone says it is. But offensively, we will be greatly improved from last year, probably will be breaking even more records than we broke last year. All you doubters get ready to eat crow. And If I'm wrong, I will donate $100 to the tip jar

2. theimpossibles1

Best Melo thread yet.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Regarding defense, I doubt Morey is done with tinkering with this roster. It's a process people.

Melo is an upgrade over Iso Joe and Ryno. Easily.

4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

100 dollar it is ;)
    Bona fide cucker to playmaker o_O

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Melo is an upgrade over Ariza. Not as good defensively, but overall a pretty big upgrade.*

* Sorry, 75% of ClutchFans, you are wrong.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have more faith in the Rockets system than OKC that's for sure. I've been hate watching OKC for a year, and it still amazes me how the misuse Adams. Adams should be the easy one, doesn't surprise me OKC had trouble incorporating Melo.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree but Melo's role is not defensive stopper, his role is high powered offense and another iso option from forward spot.

Ariza's role is TBD right now. PJ can fill that role but prefer him coming off bench in regular season, need to preserve him early because he does enough dirty work and heavy lifting in post season.

8. calcium

calcium Member

I really hope so.

9. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I think Carmelo will be successful because of the thousands of reasons Clutchfans users pointed out for Melo to be successful.

Lawlruschang, GotGame15 and BigShasta like this.
  10. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

* Jeff Bzdelik

11. Chamillionaire

He's really slow. He hasn't just lost a step, he's running on fumes it looked like. He can't get by anyone. But I'm hoping with CP and James maybe we can get another year or 2 of efficient production.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Remember when we Chandler Parsons how the team just clicked. Melo is a better player now than Parsons ever was. Parsons got paid well because he played next to Harden. Think about it Parsons never looked as good playing for another team as he did in Houston. Now take that effect and multiple by two because CP3 is the same type of player with Griffin and Jordan. Melo is more talented than any of the three of the them. The team’s potential is off the charts.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We knew this. He has to get better shot selection, even as slow as he got, he has to get into the paint and do some damage in the post.

At this stage he is a little more than jump shooter.

#13 daywalker02, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Please make that tip jar my pay pal.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And who is this 3rd extremely good playmaker?

Reeko likes this.
  16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I'm sure when the game was over melo thought. "damn, where the hell do I go in freakin OK city ?" That alone will make him a better team player. "Melo we're hitting my favorite club tonight." "I,m in "........

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

As long as this ****** shoots those buckets Ryno always hesitated to I’m good.

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

One thing you have to respect about Carmelo is that even if he struggles with shot, he still shoots with confidence. Media bashing he is getting right now is ridiculous, Agenda by ESPN, Fox just shameless fools, Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman are leading Carmelo is Washed Campaign. Russell Westrbrook is a Selfish Player, who ruins the offense by himself. Kevin Durant 2 Titles, James Harden MVP, Victor Oladipo MIP, Reggie Jackson, Serge Ibaka, Enes Kanter all are making great careers without Russell.

Lawlruschang and MonteMelo like this.
  20. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As long as you are throwing around the tip, can you quantify what the parameters are.