1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LoL] Dignitas (Clutch Gaming) Game Thread

Discussion in 'Clutch Gaming and eSports' started by GIGO, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

3. GIGO

GIGO Member

4. GIGO

GIGO Member

1-10-2 Morey

The only way is up! Yeah!

[​IMG]

5. GIGO

GIGO Member

6. GIGO

GIGO Member

Clutch Gaming vs. Bilibili Gaming Friendly Match

Game 2 with Darius Morey as ADC
    twitch.tv/videos/320258813
    00:09:50 - 00:34:54​

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

Clutch Gaming vs. Bilibili Gaming Friendly Match

Game 2 a.k.a. Save Dunkmaster Darius Morey

@8:38 Morey picks Darius
    @20:50 Dunkmaster DMorey showing off

Dunkmaster Darius... Morey

An uneasy silence falls over the arena as [he] steps onto the court. Since his debut, two teams have disbanded, seven referees have “mysteriously” disappeared, and three hundred fans have been treated for shock.

[He] strides to the top of the key. He vaults into the air, whipping the ball around his body and slamming it through the hoop. The backboard shatters, glass raining onto his shoulders as the crowd erupts.

Dunkmaster Darius [Morey] doesn’t play the game, he is the game.

8. GIGO

GIGO Member

CLUTCH GAMING Game Thread

2019 Spring Split

[​IMG]

9. GIGO

GIGO Member

10. GIGO

GIGO Member

11. GIGO

GIGO Member

CLUTCH GAMING
    2019 Spring Split

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

CLUTCH GAMING
    2019 Spring Split

CG's head coach Brendan McGee on our 1st two weeks

13. GIGO

GIGO Member

"This is James Harden. I support Clutch Gaming, Houston's premiere esports team."

Marteen likes this.
  14. GIGO

GIGO Member

#54 GIGO, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Good win.

I kinda thought Damonte sucked to start, but he came through HUGE in key moments and so I can't hate on that.

Huni played amazing. When Huni makes big gambles I'm usually in agreement they are decently calculated moves- even if the gamble fails I feel content with the play.

On the other hand you have Lira. I will give it to him that his play always keeps you on the edge of your seat. But, when he makes big gambles I'm usually like 'NOoo terrible move what were you thinking'. This is usually followed by either a 'YAY it worked! the madman did it' or a 'Team is going no where with Lira'. He's an exciting likable player though nontheless. His style is never going to change either, that is him.

Didn't see anything worth commenting on from Piglet and Vulcan one way or another.

I really miss fabiven :( REALLY CLUTCHGAMING?? We couldn't convince him the states are where it's at opposed to Europe? We couldn't have used our leverage with the Rockets organization and scheduled/forced him to be tag along with James Hardens entourage a few nights as they visited local strip clubs? One night, the time of his life in which he never even thought or knew he wanted would have done the trick for him to never leave the land of red, white, and blue. Get your act together clutch gaming, I am disappointed.

#55 Realjad, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    GIGO likes this.
  16. GIGO

GIGO Member

Week 1 Standings

Standings
    1 Clutch Gaming 2 - 0
    1 FlyQuest 2 - 0
    1 Team Liquid 2 - 0
    4 Cloud9 1 - 1
    4 Echo Fox 1 - 1
    4 OpTic Gaming 1 - 1
    4 TSM 1 - 1
    8 100 Thieves 0 - 2
    8 Counter Logic Gaming 0 - 2
    8 Golden Guardians 0 - 2

17. Realjad

Wow. Damonte came up huge in all key moments in this game too. He's player of the week for Clutch Gaming.

18. GIGO

GIGO Member

CG Interview
    Clutch Gaming Head Coach mcscrag:
    “I think all five players have shown MVP performances this weekend”

Ethan (dignitas.gg)
    Wed 30th Jan 2019 - 8:35pm

Q: Looking at the performance in the last 2 matches, CG shows a lot of improvement compared to the last split. What do you attribute to this improvement?

mcscrag: CG is stronger this split because these are just better players. We have players with stronger lane phases across the board, which really takes the pressure off of Lira and allows him to play the game he wanted to play last year. On top of that, we have a huge amount of experience coming from Huni and Piglet which makes shotcalling much better on this team.

Q: How do you feel about your upcoming matches against Team Liquid on Feb 3 and 100 Thieves on Feb 4, teams that some have described as also having a top bot duo?

mcscrag: We’re very excited to play against Team Liquid. Clearly their bot duo is strong, but ours can match them while creating the space for the top and jungle difference to win us the game. I’m also excited for Damonte to play versus Jensen. It’s a great chance for him to show up once again and prove he’s a mid laner to be respected this year.

As for 100T, I think they are in a difficult spot right now because of their mid performance and champion pool issues. If they can figure those problems out on this patch then it should be a good game. If not I think they will lose fast.

Q: In your opinion, what area of improvement do you think CG needs the most?

mcscrag: Currently our individual performances on stage are much higher than in scrims. Bad scrims will catch up with even the most well bonded teams, so we’re putting a lot of effort into closing that gap. Additionally, we have to work on the last few steps of snowballing with early game compositions. You saw in the Echo Fox game how we were able to secure an early lead because of our lane priority, but tripped on a lot of the following steps. We’ll be working on this really hard in practice this week.

Q: Is there any specific team that you are watching out for?

mcscrag: Cloud 9 always has our number in scrims, and reapered is by far the most creative coach when it comes to drafting so this is definitely the team we’re watching out for. Nisqy is an excellent player and puts out an enormous amount of pressure in the mid lane. I think people who criticize the change from Jensen are a little delusional.

http://dignitas.gg/articles/blogs/L...yers-have-shown-mvp-performances-this-weekend

19. GIGO

GIGO Member

#59 GIGO, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  20. Realjad

Huni has been a huge disappointment

Damonte has surprisingly been carrying the team and playing excellent

Lira has been playing like Lira. Frustrating for better and for worse. He's a good player but the team will probably go nowhere with him, he is just too inconsistent/his gambles are too much. When Huni gambles i feel they are smart, when Lira gambles I'm usually facepalming.

Huni though has been consistently outplayed by players that should be worse.. and this has been going on outside this season. Considering Huni has teammates that fit his culture now, it's about safe to say Huni doesn't have his game anymore.

Meanwhile Solo is playing amazing. Meh, I wish we had Solo instead of Huni.

I'm a fan, but overall I'm un-impressed by Clutch Gaming the organization. I don't think they are managed properly.

#60 Realjad, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    GIGO likes this.