1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Live Chat interface- New Idea

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by bilaal14, Jul 20, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Thank you clutch for making clutchfans happen, and giving us a place to come and hang out and talk about what we enjoy!

As we all know clutchfans and rockets talk are a 24-7 affair.

I just wanted to know if you could... and if it would be a good idea to insert a live chat room interface that is visible when you are on the bbs. Or front page, where you can talk to active members that choose to chat live and interact with each other. No matter what time or day or night it is.

It would make clutchfans even more interactive and fun!!

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

@Clutch

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Sounds like a good idea. Might cut down on some of the nonsense threads

Only problem Id see is that it wouldnt really be moderated and it could get out of control.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This already exists. The green light by a poster's name means they're online and you can message anyone directly and personally need be. The tools at this site are incredible without clutch changing even a small detail that doesn't already exist.

5. akxninja

akxninja Member

I think he meant something like Twitch chat, where on the right side you'd have a live chat room while surfing through the forum, and not just a DM/PM to a specific person. Clutchfans always had a chat room, but its rarely ever used (on home page) maybe because you can only use chatroom and not browse the forums when you use it...which is what most folks come here for

cerophilik likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That would be better. I didn't know there was a chat before. Would be nice chat at the bottom instead of the similar threads. Or be able to collapse that and the chat be all the way st the bottom.

Idk if clutch would want that or if it would take too a lot of resources.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will very common to kick someone out of the chatroom if it is moderately regulated.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

There has always been a chat room here.

http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm

I know this because I used to keep a moderator bot active there and DrOfDunk was main mod there before me.

It was normally only used during games before people started using the game thread instead, but it was always open for members to use at all times.

I realize this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it is what we have here.

BTW, moving this to Feedback because this does not belong in GARM

Yung-T and Killatron 2000 like this.
  10. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Ohhh our good old mIRC channel!
    I remember back in a day our live text broadcasts with R2K, DoD.

Oh my, how I miss these good old days!

Yung-T likes this.