1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Linsanity] New book about Jeremy Lin and last year's Knicks.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by B-Bob, Apr 3, 2013.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was at a writing conference in Boston and I met a couple of guys who've started a new press called 99, as in all their books will be 99 pages. Pretty funny.

Anyway, their first book came out a couple of weeks ago, and now I found it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Well-Always-Have-Linsanity-Strangest/dp/0988266202

I looked through it at the conference and was pretty surprised. It's interesting. They basically collected the best work of a dozen or so bloggers and did some extra reporting bout the whole year.

Sorry if this was already posted, but I couldn't find it via search in either GARM or here. Since it's really a Knicks book, I thought it might be better here in the dish.

From one of the amazon reviews:

"If you're a Knicks fan, an NBA fan, or someone who wants a glimpse at the psychology behind fandom, buy this book. Though we Knick fans won't have Linsanity again, if we're lucky these gentlemen will come together again and make their essays on the prior season an annual publication. If the quality of this book is any indication, it'd be well worth their effort and my dollars."

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Product Details
    Paperback: 128 pages

3. B-Bob

Yeah, I noticed that. :grin: But to their credit, I think it's 99 pages of text, not including the photos, foreward, references, and acknowledgements. All those little crappy parts that a book has.

#3 B-Bob, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  4. rudan

rudan Member

There is somebodys ASS on the top left of the front cover :confused:

5. B-Bob

Yeah, actually a pretty well-known artist did the cover for them. I did notice the butt up there; I think there's some sexy in the book, and hey, I guess you can't just have a fire extinguisher.

[​IMG]

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The ass in the top left is the pic of a big booty ho that JR Smith tweeted and got fined for lol.

7. Anxiety Trooper

LOF cruising the streets

[​IMG]

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

way to go a-hole

9. MonKing

MonKing Member

That's Tahiry Jose. JR Smith got fined 25K by the NBA for posting that picture on Twitter.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

LOFs really don't read the NBA dish. If this was the garm there would be more replies.

11. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I read the book, you really have to be a hardcore Knicks fan to appreciate it

I basically bought it because I'm a fan of Seth Rosenthal's writing. The guy runs Posting and Toasting, which is one of the best team blogs out there.

Best parts of the book IMO are Seth's pieces (he basically profiles the guys at the end of the bench) and the tweets by netw3rk

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

Then why dont u keep the epic LoF vs LoH or LofH or what the **** ever bull**** there. It's already bad enough that it even exists, why you gotta bring it in here?