1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Librals think the "okay" hand gesture is white symbol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 4, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and people still wonder why Trump won

dachuda86, Dark Rhino and BruceAndre like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

~Shows One Tweet~

LIBERALS ARE UNHINGED!

Jump Ship and B-Bob like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was stupid when it was a new thing, it was stupid when it was debunked, it's still stupid.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Always entertaining when RL comes on here to tell us how we think.

edwardc likes this.
  5. RightTooCensor

The lady was trending on Twitter for hours because of this. She was called a white supremacist for it. You can look her name up and see the results.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All I could find is that one tweet thread on it and a bunch of conservatives responding to it and even people on the left mocking it.

So it sounds like it was trending because people were talking about an outrage that didn't exist.

EDIT: Okay, okay, found two other tweet threads about it! Big liberal outrage here.

#7 JayGoogle, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. biina

biina Member

The anonymity of social media and ignorance of many is shown too often

8. RightTooCensor

When you have two separate tweets calling you a White Supremacist with 18k and 10k likes respectively, I'd call that a liberal outrage. There are tweets that exist with hundreds of likes showing pictures of his hand gestures and relating it to White Supremacy.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yea... based on twitter.

[​IMG]

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, if I find racist conservatives tweets with x amount of likes do I get to say that conservatives supports racism?

Is this how the game works?

I would hope not, I thought RL was the only person on this forum that thinks tweets constitute as news and thread starting. I guess that isn't surprising considering who his idol is.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm not sure why people would even attempt to deny that knuckle draggers on the left got worked up about the "okay" hand gesture and started calling it a racist sign simply because they got trolled by 4chan and weren't smart enough to realize it. I mean, if it happened over a year ago, I could understand maybe, but that nonsense was debunked nearly a year ago and still you have people running with it.

cml750 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Twitter is a social media platform that can be very useful for news as many news services and reporters tweet out breaking news and commentary. But basing broad statements about anything based on the number tweets/retweets is problematic (just as people basing things on facebook), especially when considering the way groups and even foreign entities use twitter and other social media platforms for nefarious purposes.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, I think tweeting out news is different, that's what you and others do. That's legit, all you are doing is tweeting out news...

The trick the right wing has done is manufacturing news out of tweets.

They'll find a few people that say something and then go "See, this is how liberals are." and use broad strokes and make it into some general statement.

There's a ton of examples for this crap when it comes to 'liberal' outrage.

I know its not liberal outrage when Huffposts has nothing about it...

14. theimpossibles1

Silly people thinking that is a white power symbol. Oh how liberals overanalyze things...

That is obviously a satanic gesture representing 666.

DFWRocket and B-Bob like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good read

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/05/kavanaugh-hearing-showcases-the-paranoia-of-the-resistance/

Dark Rhino likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, if we keep taking the very nuttiest of us (well, those who aren't POTUS anyway) and sharing their lone, ridiculous tweets and typifying millions of our fellow citizens with such drivel, we'll keep getting what we deserve.

This thread is another pathetic attempt to be divisive and distracting. People on all sides of the political spectrum are mocking the initial idiocy, to the point it almost belongs in the Hangout.

jcf likes this.
  17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Makes sense, Trumped picked Kavanuagh, thus he must be a white supremacist judge.... lmao

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Damn.... They throwing the Yo!!!!

Wha the Hell!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]