1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal racism vs Conservative racism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 14, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I often hear a lot about conservatives being racist, but liberals tend to go under the radar. Anybody that has lived in Austin can attest to the patronizing self righteous "But I just wanna help minorities and stuff ya know" bullsh1t speak.

What is your experience with the two?

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

3. dmoneybangbang

I find self righteous racism to be better than regular racism....

The former may gentrify your neighborhood and open a $12 per taco place but the latter will use legislation to make you sub human.

jcf, Deckard, FranchiseBlade and 3 others like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When i argue that blacks need to take some responsibility for our situation as far as poor broken homes i get a lot of push back.

My only argument is that regardless of history it has to ultimately happen in order to progress. Even if we are totally victims of the past the problems are left with us to deal with

Sometimes i wonder do some liberals find it impossible for blacks to help ourselves, if so thats racism

5. Buck Turgidson

Bigotry of Low Expectations vs Bigotry of Low Status

joshuaao and jcf like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"Liberal" racism comes in a variety of flavors.. There are also minorities on the "left" who display open hatred and racism toward white people.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Liberal racism is mostly toward white people

Conservative racism is mostly toward anyone but white people

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No liberal ever tried to beat me up or racially slurred me or called my brother a wetback or threatened to kill my dad or had to see my mom first to see if she was white enough to enroll in school. My experience with the liberals was always to help a young kid being raised by a single mom. It was the conservative families that always looked down on us, called us names, made fun of me in elementary school for not speaking English well. Yeah, they could not be much different in my experience.

HayesStreet, bobrek and rockbox like this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

liberal and leftists aren't really the same group, although they're parts of the same party currently.

Ask them whether they think all black dormitories are a good thing, a liberal is going to give you a different answer to a leftist, there's a whole list of things where they differ.

People will be racist, they'll also be murderers, rapists, thieves, and any number of bad things, because well people. But the ideology of that group on the left, is the only mainstream ideology that seems to genuinely believe that some racial groups are inherently better or worse than others.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

The term "racist" is the most overused word in the English language by the left. They use it to foster the politics of division. They also used it to describe anyone who had differing opinions than Obama. Ridiculously they also assign the word to Trump and his supporters for wanting to secure the border. They have used and abused the term so much it is hard to take anyone saying it seriously these days.

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yawn.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You assumed that seeing the liberal side being introspective and having some sense of self-awareness, that the same would happen for our conservative posters. You threw them a bone and trust me, they will admit to nothing. You think posters like @cml750 will admit to any racist tendencies from the right wing? They have no ability to self-reflect.

#14 fchowd0311, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Your ability to stereotype and condemn is inspiring. It is trite, but I believe individuals can be racist but to imply(or state?) that all conservatives are is simply close mindedness of a different sort.

Astrodome likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When did I say all conservatives are racist?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is such BS I don’t even know where to start.

Racism that has consistently been a point of emphasis of the left has been due to systemic use of the power of governing to CREATE hardships for people of color and those who do not pray to the same god as the majority for the sole purpose of power.

If you think calling out this racism is such a problem I feel sorry for you... I really do. You have no idea or concept of reality. You see nothing beyond your culture war.

I will keep calling it out and no whataboutism games from people like you will get people like me to stop calling it out just because this inherent racism is a point of emphasis to recreate this culture of the past you think you and your ancestors had that you want to restore through authoritarian governing. Stop trying to bully people into thinking twice in calling out the tactics of your political aligned grouping.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

o_O

What great timing for you cml. Hell, this article doesn't even include the whole Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers bit. It will require you to read more than a paragraph though. I'll try to find all of this in a cartoon format which I know you guys find preferable.

An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry
    His racism and intolerance have always been in evidence; only slowly did he begin to understand how to use them to his advantage.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/