1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal hero Justin Trudeau is a veteran blackfacer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 19, 2019.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...and that's a hilariously hypocritical double standard. Can you imagine if this were a conservative that did this (3 times!)? Certainly wouldn't be afforded the same privilege.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What privilege are you talking about? That the truth is he not a racist? . If he was racist don’t you think his opponents would say so? Don’t you think the media would as well? Has he tarnished his position? Yes. Has hurt people by his actions? Yes. Is he a racist? Not according to his opponents.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ok, sure.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/judge-curiel-trump-border-wall/index.html
    TAPPER: I don't care if you criticize him, that's fine. You can criticize every decision. What I'm saying, if you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job.
    TRUMP: I think that's why he's doing it. I think that's why he's doing it.

He makes it very clear that a guy from Indiana can't be impartial because of his heritage.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely not racist, now post a picture of Betty White...DEFINITELY 100% RACIST!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

When's the last time you heard a republican apologize for anything?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah you exagerated. As usual.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, you refuse to attack your God-Emperor, as usual.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump not only said that the judge couldn't do his job because of his race, but he also wanted to have the case removed from his jurisdiction. So he put action to his racism.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Not surprised. Canada has a long history of exploiting black and brown people all throughout S. America and the southern part of the Caribbean.

As for some in this thread suggesting that racism is a thing of the past.....the only people who suggest that are those who wish to profit from ignoring the obvious.

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Fact check

Actually it wasn't racism, since since "Mexican heritage" isn't a race. Most Mexican-Americans identify as white. You also left out the fact that Trump said the judge was a member of a club with strong views that could bias his work.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What race was Trudeau costumed as when he was in brown face?

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, most do because it was either that or select other or write it in on the Census.

I also expected the "MEXICAN ISN'T A RACE THO!" defense, as if that makes it any better, that just makes him extremely xenophobic then and you're cool with it, sad.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They grow pale at the thought of oppressive libs not forgiving them.:(

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's sad that people dig this kind of stuff up and make it racist. He was in a costume for a themed party. Good grief. Next people will be calling the Wayan Brothers racist because the made a movie in costume as "White Chicks". People need to get a life and quit stirring up stupid stuff like this and try and make it as an attack on someone's race.

biff17 likes this.
  15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Really the right don’t give a ****, they understand it wasn’t meant to be racist and it was several years ago but the left set the rules of what’s racist (since you know they’re not) so they need to follow them or guess what it’s just another example of their never ending hypocrisy.
    Btw White Chicks can’t be racist, wrong race.

dachuda86 and deb4rockets like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Mexicans can have biases can't they. Pretty stupid to pretend mexicans can't have flaws just to virtue signal. lol

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Another response I expected, unfortunately.

So, if you're concerned about Mexicans having biases as judges then you should also be concerned that Whites can also have biases as judges. I know you're not though, you're only concerned about racism if it affects white people, so I know this wouldn't be a concern to you.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, any race can have biases. However, a person's race should in no way disqualify them from doing a job for which they are qualified.

Nobody suggested that Mexicans couldn't have biases. Trump provided no evidence that the Judge from Indiana was biased.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

When I was a child, for carnival, we all dressed up as all kinds of folks. Cowboys, Indians, Chinese, face painted black, etc. etc. - I never thought it implied any kind of racism.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think that it can be done in innocence or ignorance without ill intent.

Because of the history, I can still understand people taking offense.

AroundTheWorld likes this.