1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I turned off the epic comeback. :eek::eek::eek:

But they won! :grin:

Did this really happen? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is how you erase a 12-point deficit in 35 seconds. <a href="https://t.co/l3eJ83wDDB">https://t.co/l3eJ83wDDB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarchMadness?src=hash">#MarchMadness</a></p>&mdash; NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) <a href="https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/711752197638365186">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1082 J.R., Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

This reminded me of T-Mac's 13 and 33 so I went and re-watched it. The timing is very similar. McGrady made his first shot with 35 seconds left and made the last shot with 1.7 seconds. The Aggies hit their first shot with 34 seconds left and their last shot with 1.9 seconds left. If you go by the same metric its 14 points in 32 seconds. Just incredible!

1 person likes this.
  4. bcast89

bcast89 Member

T-Mac's has got to be the greatest comeback of all-time. He did it pretty much by himself against a really good Spurs team.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's a miracle I didn't change the channel even for a moment. Because I almost did several times.

Same with T-Mac's 13 in 33. Didn't flip the channel for some reason.

6. Major

Major Member

Rockets were only down 8 in that scenario though. A&M was down 12 with basically the same amount of time left.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

With no timeouts. Crazy.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've re-watched it about 10 times now, and I STILL can't comprehend what happened. It was like every single possible situation UNI got themselves into was handled in the exact wrong way. They missed TWICE on trying to knock the ball off of us which led to 4 easy points. They threw one in-bounds pass straight out of bounds. Even the play where they hit the hail mary pass and got a quick dunk was probably a mistake because it practically took no time off the clock. Just an insane turn of events that took place in such a short amount of time.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but UNI choked while the spurs really didn't.

Consider that:
    -the Spurs only turned it over once in that period
    -made all of their free throws
    -Defended all of T-Mac's three pointers as well as you possibly can other than the Duncan foul
    -t-mac did it by himself

13 in 35 was more impressive and more improbable.

2 people like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree with that. 1 man did it by himself against professional competition.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

they aren't even kind of similar save for the amount of points in such a short amount of time to end a game. other than that they bear almost no resemblance. the spurs didn't choke the game away - tmac just took it from them. UNI on the other hand literally played the worst 44 seconds in basketball history.

you don't want to pile on them because it was such a devastating loss but they truly deserve it. everything from giving up several uncontested layups to having no clue how to inbound the ball to doing nothing to shave time off the clock... it was just surreal. coaches will be replaying that last minute to their players for years to come just to demonstrate what NOT to do.

sucks for them but they will never - and should never - live that down.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bob Barker 007

A&M didn't commit a single foul. The Rockets fouled, *and* the Spurs made their free throws. Anyone who thinks this wasn't all on Northern Iowa is crazy. It was like watching the Oilers blow 35-3 but in the equivalent of the last 7 minutes of the game. It just wasn't possible for A&M to win without a crapload of mistakes by UNI.

2 people like this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I couldn't believe how many times in a row they sent the ball to the corner.....that's like JV Basketball 101.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

House signs as an undrafted FA. Sounds about right. I don't think he makes a roster, but then again, Sloan surprised me and stuck around.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Caruso signed with Philly, so there's that.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wow, that's crazy. For him to just be signed, even. Crazy.

1 person likes this.
  17. Madclownpacasum

why not let ball hog Harden run the point?

Horford
    Beasley can be point foward when Harden wants to score
    Ariza
    Bazemore
    Harden just needs to improve his defense againts quick PG or let Baze or Ariza defend them

This line up means we can switch everything on defense

1 person likes this.
  18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Damn, those Ag's are blowin' up!! :eek:

I do miss me some Dave South right about now...:grin:

19. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

:mad: Ag's are no longer broadcast on 790, they're the Longhorn's flagship now! :mad:

1 person likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

True...but A&M put themselves in position to capitalize on those mistakes, and put UNI into situations where they could make them.