1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Settle This... What Would YOU Do With Our Team Right Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Jul 8, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

9) Tilman pays the team in Landry gift cards

don grahamleone and tc0330 like this.
  2. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

I think every 'in-action' we're having is all due to D'Antoni not yet signing a extension. Coz Morey doesn't want to change the roster if D'Antoni isn't on board yet for longer than the next year.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Interesting idea. @Morey oughta hear about this.

ftfy

Roc Paint likes this.
  4. Know Your Role

Meet our new GM:
    [​IMG]
    So he can over see this:

We're gonna tank. Where My TruTankSoliders at?? Na nah nah naaahhhh

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You must have 20/20 hindsight vision Jerry Clark. Great read on what to do about the past with a futuristic point of view.

tc0330 likes this.
  6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

#7... wow!

I’d be trying to trade for Iggy or Covington.
    Then sign someone like Trey lyles for the min

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think the jazz will be better than the lakers/.

8. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I’m a better salesman than Morey.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its obvious there giving it one more year than blowing it up , which they should just do now. They not gonna get past Lakers nor Clippers.

I know Live is not real life, but i played those 2 teams on live with updated rosters and they smoked the rockets. Putting Davis with Lebron is like icing on the cake man, and With a team that the clippers got and you add 2 superstars on it LOL. I tryed to play hard.

tc0330 likes this.
  10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Well heya there lil buddy. Don Grahamleone you must be rather slow in the head if you only realized we needed to do this in hindsight

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Trade CP3 monstrous contract and use the cap room to sign/trade for JJ Reddick/Covington-type 3-point shooters and we are set.

fattz likes this.
  12. vick

vick Member

Is that you Tilman?

tc0330 likes this.
  13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I would literally do anything. Rockets choking the offseason like game 5 and 6

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I think we still need to add a solid 3-and-D wing next to Tucker in the lineup.

Gordan at small forward is not a good permanent solution and I have no faith in House, Green, etc. This has been a key area of weakness ever since Ariza and Moute left. Plus, we are facing LeBron, Kawhi, George, etc in the West, we need a real defensive small forward.

Possibilities:
    • Andre Iguodala
    • Robert Covington
    • Justise Winslow
    • Jae Crowder
    • Andre Roberson

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Trade for Westbrook.

He is clearly the best player we can hope to get. Time to go all in. #MoreTeamUSA

tc0330 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Probably try to take a step back so we can take one forward next year .

17. johnk2220

johnk2220 Member

I truly think that signing chandler to vet min, trading shump for iggy, and maybe another 4 for the vet min and that puts us in the best position to contend. With them and rivers, Gordon, and house thats some solid depth. Not all star elite depth but solid depth.

Oh and no to Westbrook. We don’t need that many pg on the roster. Even with small ball you can’t play cp3, harden, and Russ in same lineup. Just my opinion....

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This has been a good thread and I really like the thoughts many of you have shared here. This off season reminds me of a coffee cup I have that says "Damned if I do and damned if I don't".

As Vivi discussed so eloquently we may have missed our window, which was really that first year that we got screwed from multiple angles. Games 6-7 should have been what drove the team to greatness last year, but we did some weird stuff like the Carmelo experiment and the MCW revival--neither did anything, but detract from our start. All the injuries added up and even though James played like a megastar he couldn't do it by himself.

This year has started even weirder. Chasing JB like a 16-year stalking his beautiful next door neighbor. Yes, I thought a JB return would have been ideal, but I've never been one to force someone to do something they don't want to do. So enjoy South Beach--it's just not my taste.

We've missed out on most of the FAs that could have been difference makers, but given our situation we apparently can't compete.

The good news is we don't have a bad team, we have a pretty good team with a few key deficiencies and what has to be some bruised egos.

I still respect Morey, and he could pull off some magic (you have to admit that Rivers and Faried out of no where was pretty good), but Harden, Westbrook and Paul is a lot of horsepower/money in the backcourt. Can that Big3 wear out LAL? Push LAC? I don't know, it could be fun, I just think the probability for this kind of move with our situation is low. I mean would we give OKC 4 FRPs for WB? I wouldn't.

So next suggestion has been Plow's urging us to get some Love. Hell, we all could use some more Love. Despite Kevin's injury history and slow feet I must admit this one intrigues me because probability wise it has a much better chance of happening than WB. Love addresses some of those aforementioned deficiencies we have (def rebounding, outside shooting, big passing and post up game). This maybe Morey's back-up plan and I'd be somewhat excited if he makes this move.

If Love doesn't happen there may be some other moves he's got in reserve, one area we haven't discussed much is Euros. My son mentioned that Llull may consider coming over, if we move Gordon this would make sense with our remaining CAP space. There are some other guys as well that might be interesting (he had me check out Jan Vesley (#6 FRP in 2011), who is a bigger stronger dunker/defender and would work well running the court when Capela sits). Europe has to be worth a look, because we've let everyone sign over here.

Finally, I agree with everyone that said more ball movement. James was magnificent last year, but he needs help and it has to be someone he can trust and rely on. WB, Love, who else?

Keep the ideas flowing, there is greatness on this board as well.

Why not?, carib and don grahamleone like this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I got it, I got it....

Have Daniel House and Gary Clark turn into All-Star level talent and watch the rest of the leagues jaw drop when they go off for 70 wins and crush teams in the playoffs as the team steam rolls it's way to a Championship.

That's what I would do if I were Morey.

fattz and don grahamleone like this.
  20. johnk2220

johnk2220 Member

#1. Nope. We tried the Dwight project. Utter failure. I promise harden hasn’t forgotten how that went.
    #2. I like
    #3. Possibly only bc i really like his game
    #4. He’s too inconsistent. Makes 2 shots a game and he’s strutting the guitar like he’s hot $h*t

Why not? likes this.