1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron to Houston - No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Quinncy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Please. No offense but that's the dumbest response to GSW domination ----to be opposed to a serious arms race.

Gtfo with that weak shiit.

juanm34 and DonKnock like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet you believe in moral victories to

Rocket River and juanm34 like this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The thing alot of people aren't taking into account is the warriors wil be together for at least 2 or 3 years by that time harden will be 31 or 32 and cp3 is close to retirement, our best chance is to acquire a star and win now.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

3 rings out of 4 tries??? Yeah, who wants any of that.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you be okay with getting lebron and winning a couple of chips then trading him for role players and trying to win the fun way?

joshuaao likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry about that , the refs will make it interesting, you can count on it!

Rocket River and juanm34 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

then bye...we’ll be at the championship parade while you’re at home upset that we didn’t win the “fun way”

dream2clips likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets haven’t won a title since 1995 and we got fans acting choosey...

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you got no joy out of this season that just ended at all? bc hou was better than every single team besides GS. that's some weird fandom you got going on there

#29 YOLO, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

More like trolls

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That’s what we did this year.

We lost less than 5 games when we had a full outfit of CP3-Capela-Harden. We had the best record in the league.
    We just got hurt at the most inopportune moment
    and the team we have to beat would still be similarly stacked

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Stepping Razor

I partially agree with what you said. I haven't really been a fan of Lebron until recently. I just had to finally acknowledge his longevity and ability to single-handedly drag teams (who have no business being there) to the Finals! The Rockets haven't been to the Finals in over 23 years! If we really want to have the best shot while Harden is in his prime, and CP3 is still a good/above average star, we have to put all of the chips in right now. We don't have the room to really be too picky at this point. I understand that we are legit contenders, but we haven't sniffed the promise land throughout the Barkeley/Pippen, Mobley/Francis, Yao/T-Mac or Harden/Dwight eras, unless you consider WCF the mark. Could we win without Lebron? I think we could, (with PG 13, Kawhi or some other star/superstar) but the fact remains, in order to be the best, you have to beat the best; it will take 3 superstars and then some to take down the Warriors. As many have said, its an arm race and you either stockpile or become irrelevant. We are right there at the cusp, so its time to arm to the teeth guys and gals. I don't care if LBJ23 is the one that puts us over the top, will it really be that tainted to finally have 3rd banner in Toyota Center. Would some of you really out an * by the championship because Lebron may be the face of the title? To each their own, but it's time to cash in, and the Warriors, among other teams are going for the superteam

luckyman76 and francis 4 prez like this.
  13. Stepping Razor

14. hairyme

hairyme Member

Hey man, we're all just livin' in the LeBron forum now...

2016: The best team in the regular season adds KD
    2018: The best team in the regular season adds LeBron

Looks about the same to me.

Yeah, and how many of us make fun of the Golden State fanbase for being a bunch of bandwagoners and fake-ass fans?

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i generally agree with the OP that i would like to run it back and win with this team. it would be far more fun. and i get wanting to try to climb the mountain no matter the results.

but ultimately i can't follow down this path. we were as close to losing to gsw 4-1 as we were to winning 4-3 (not because of the stupid iggy excuse, because they were super close games). even with a healthy cp3 i think that series is probably going against us 85% of the time. and cp3's hamstring isn't getting younger this offseason. and neither are most of our non-capela role players. even though i'm a huge lebron fan, i'm guessing the circus he brings will have its downsides and i'd just as soon root for the rockets and lebron separately. but these aren't the days of yore. i'm not watching the shimmying bastards of golden state win titles and preen like they're all so tough if we have a realistic shot at stopping it. this ain't about what we want any more.

i don't even think adding lebron makes it a certainty. our guys probably won't fit perfectly and we're going to lose role players in the process and golden state is still damn good. but we certainly have to try it out.

16. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

The idea that super teams are new is moronic. Bill Russell never won without at least 5 future hof inductees as teammates. LA and Boston together have won 33 titles with 52
    finals appearances for a 33-19 record with losses to each other. This is out of 74 champs years.
    If you got a chance, grab it. who will remember/care how it was done. GS isn't worried about the strange calls that helped them.

roslolian likes this.
  17. Stepping Razor

Amen!!

roslolian and tycoonchip like this.
  18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I definitely can see us winning a championship next year without LeBron. Ariza is the key, will he give us a bit of a home town discount to compete? Brook Lopez (vet min) backing up Capela, Corey Joseph (taxpayer MLE) as our 3rd point guard gets it done IMO. Bring Harden and CP3s minutes down a bit with another ball handler and we can win 65+ again.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Adam Silver would disagree...

20. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I don't see the enjoyment of losing to the warriors again next year. Warriors ousted the rox 2 years ago as well. Time for a change. Lebron would like help too and he deserves to play with 2 other all stars this time.