1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron signs With lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What was all this talk about wanting to play with high IQ players? LeBron is a fraud.

Jontro and MD_in_Training like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That lineup will probably be very good. Doesn't take a genius to see the value of LeBron at C. I just don't think he wants to play that spot very much. That is the problem.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Every best smallball lineup is now a death lineup?

Is that like calling every national team a Dream Team?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. MD_in_Training

Dude looks like he would be happy if he never stepped on the NBA court again. He wants to be Tom Cruise more than MJ at this point.

slothy420 and whiskeyred like this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

LOL. They should have kept Isiah thomas. GO EVEN SMALLER!

Pretty soon we will be watching 5'7" centers! Just like at 24 hour fitness.

plutoblue11, R0ckets03 and roslolian like this.
  8. MD_in_Training

Death Lineup without elite shooters or defenders. Nice.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/lebron-james-talks-decision-to-sign-with-lakers.html

As James prepares to open a new public school called “I Promise,” in his native Akron, Ohio, James addressed his choice to join the Lakers via his Uninterrupted platform on Sunday.

“You look at the Lakers,” James said. “Being able to play for a historic franchise with so much history, and now being able to partner with Magic Johnson, someone I kinda like looked up to when I was younger and wanted to make no-look passes like Magic, wanted to get on the break and be Showtime like Magic and then for it to all come to fruition at this point.”

“I think timing is everything. For me to be in this position now, the excitement that I have to be a Laker, I’m happy to be a part of it because I believe the Lakers is a historical franchise, we all know that, but it’s a championship franchise and that’s what we’re trying to get back to,” he said. “I’m happy to be a part of the culture and be a part of us getting back to that point.”

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol he wants to be a partner to the GM. I love Lebron but he is too disruptive fir a franchise, he and the Lakers are a perfect match esp with all the knuckleheads they signed.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ng-cleveland-cavaliers-los-angeles-lakers-nba

[...]

But while there was a unified front -- sentimental yet appreciative -- between the fans and the Cavs' key decision-makers when it came to processing James' plans, the rest of the league had mixed reactions to the news. Those reactions -- culled from more than two dozen players, coaches, executives and agents contacted by ESPN -- weren't always as sunny as the Southern California locale James is embarking for.

"He wanted to come to L.A.," one Western Conference player said. "They just had to not f--- it up. Jerry West just said it, and I was like, 'Finally.' He's not coming to the Lakers. He came to L.A."

West, now an adviser for the LA Clippers, told Sports Illustrated that, "LeBron was not a tough free-agent signing." While the player's swipe -- like West's -- was aimed more at the Lakers than at James, the four-time MVP also had his motives for the move questioned.

"My thought was, 'Good luck. You must really want to live in L.A.'" one prominent agent said. "Playing Western Conference teams night in and night out is not going to be the same. You don't get a 'night off.' I would not want to end my career just making the playoffs."

"They will be good, but I would be surprised if they make the top four in the West," one Western Conference assistant coach told ESPN.

Added a Western Conference front-office executive, "I view the Lakers team next year as a playoff team because LeBron is still the best player in basketball but not a true championship contender for a season. But [they are] set up very well to be one in the coming years."

As James tries to become the first NBA superstar to lead three franchises to a championship, he'll be competing in the West against Chris Paul, who is trying to validate his All-Star career with his first title.

Paul played in Los Angeles for the Clippers for six years after nearly being traded to the Lakers in 2011. Coming off the most successful postseason run in his 13-year career, the point guard reupped with the Houston Rockets this summer. There was a time when Houston was among the teams that James was considering, but when it came down to it, the Rockets (A) didn't clear the cap space to sign James and (B) were never granted a meeting.

Paul was asked how close Houston came to adding his dear friend James to the roster.

"Oh, it doesn't matter," Paul said. "I'm happy for him. It's a change, adjustment for him and his family. ... I'm happy for him."

There were others around the league who shared in that joy.

"I thought it was great, especially for the league," one Eastern Conference player told ESPN. "A new layer of excitement. It's always good when the blue bloods like L.A. and Boston have some buzz around them."

A former player, who is in the Hall of Fame, praised James' vision.

"Business move both on and off the court," the Hall of Famer said. "Smart move."

Smart even if the Lakers don't make a deep playoff run right away?

"They are playing chess," he said. "They have a plan for the future."

There are immediate repercussions -- "not great for the strength of the Eastern Conference," one owner of an Eastern Conference team told ESPN -- and then there are reverberations that will take time to reveal themselves.

"They'll be good, but the West is loaded," another agent told ESPN. "Kawhi [Leonard] would make it more realistic. Good luck."

Even adding a former Finals MVP in Kawhi Leonard next year wouldn't guarantee anything in today's NBA -- not with the Golden State Warriors having won three of the past four titles with an amazing collection of talent.

Does James' new home give the Dubs any reason to doubt?

"I am not going to give that any thought because I got my own team to worry about," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said.

He might be the only person in the league not thinking about James, as the city of Cleveland, legions of Lakers fans and others around the sport continue to reel from the latest career move by the King.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

How is Kuzma the PF in that lineup over Ingram?

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-promise-school-foundation-lasting-legacy-nba

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

always doing big things and making a difference

#LeGOAT

faraza84 likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think they mean death lineup by suicide. it's not that great tbh.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The silent but deathly lineup.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

LeBron out there handing out free tuition, books and uniforms to poor kids while Michael Jordan is selling 250$ sneakers kids kill each other for. Who's the real GOAT?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wonder what the odds are that the Lakers will have home court in the first round? I'm very skeptical. I hope LeBron's back stays strong, because he's going to be carrying a very heavy load. He thought he was before, and he was, but this on another level, in my opinion.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

LeGOAT also out here doing interviews on CNN with Don Lemon

no other player in the NBA is on his level on or off the court