1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"LeBron is more Magic than Jordan"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houstunna, Jun 22, 2018.

?

Magic or MJ ??

1. Easily MJ

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. MJ

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Neutral

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Magic

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  5. Easily Magic

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

A statement stated over and again since before LeBron went Pro.

I assume because he looks to pass more overall, but, without researching, I'll say James has more 40-point games than 15-assist, easily. I see Magic being the complete opposite.

I'd bet LeBron has more 45 than 15.

Then, consider defense and DUNKS ....

I think LeBron is basically EXACTLY "Like Mike" -- except less clutch, but with more range and size.

2. mockster

mockster Member

Lebron James is technically the better player in every regard except maybe consistent killer instinct shooting but he’s still decently clutch.

His mindset, bad luck of superteams has held him back.

Nelly, jsilencio and rm365 like this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

He’s nothing like either. More Pippen or Grant Hill

amaru and CriscoKidd like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

By your "without researching" standards, Wilt Chamberlain is like Mike.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Exactly. I think James has SLIGHTLY better all around technical basketball skills

However, as Rudy T said best 'Never underestimate a heart of a champion'

and MJ showed much superior heart, and so he was the ultimate champion. When you added his HEART on top of his ability his basketball skills easily surpass Lebrons basketball skills

The analogy is two cars in a drag race, somehow the same driver is driving both vehicles. One of the cars is slightly mechanically superior and has slightly better acceleration and slightly better top speed.. however, the other car is equipped with a cannister of Nitro Oxide boost. Which one wins? The one with the Nitro boost.

I'm not saying Lebron doesn't have heart, but compared to Jordan, Lebron is 3 or 4 tiers below.

You can't really develop that either. Unless Lebron finds a way to up his technical skills much further than all-around 'slightly' better than Jordans he will be under him in the shadows,.

#5 Realjad, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    mockster likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah, definitively more Mike than Magic.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lol

I know you're a huge Jordan guy, as am I, but you don't believe what you wrote.

You don't need details as to why.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Sure I do. Were we talking strictly game aesthetic/play style? His play style is nothing like Michael's grace and artistry or Magics flash and pure point play. His game style is more related to a super Pippen, or super Hill instead of MJ or Magic. Even more of a larger super Clyde Drexler. Even a mix of all 3's game.

IN no way was I saying he belongs in that group of players on the all time list. I was under the assumption this is strictly an aesthetic conversation and not GOAT list or something.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lol. Is that the excuse now? He's played the Warriors super team with KD for 15 years?

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Again. In what way can anyone look at Michael's pure artistry and creativity and grace and fundamental perfection with incredible footwork and explosive first step and cat like quickness to a LeBron's brute force freight train and say they're exactly the same? They have zero similarities outside of fast break speed and jumping high. Even those similarities are minimal considering LeBron's speed is strictly vertical like a tight end and Michaels got that plus lateral explosion and change of pace like a WR. LeBron strictly jumps off of one foot on his highest jumps, while MJ was both a one or two foot jumper, standing or running start.

11. mockster

mockster Member

No excuses previous to that but I would say he has a crap team abd still devolping. The Celtics messed him up one year. His first year with Miami he just blew it but the spurs were a force

Everything afterwards has sort of been a little bit of bad luck

12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

MJ is MJ, Magic is Magic, Lebron is Lebron

What's the confusion?

intersync and Deckard like this.
  13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Well... at least you made sure to add "SUPER" to all comparisons mentioned... THIS time ;)

The vibe of your first post was blatant downgrading of LeBron... we know this.

Without being aesthetically picky, I still say he's MUCH more Mike than Magic - because of the scoring prowess over passing, and the physical/athletic dominance.... AND, Wilt is like MIke before Magic too (shoutout to @Ziggy).

#13 Houstunna, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its not about the stats its about the disposition.

I mean if we are talking clutch then Lebron is one of the most clutch players in history like in this playoff run alone he had several clutch shots all the way to the finals.

But Lebron doesn't have that killer instinct that MJ or Kobe has, you don't see him go into assassin mode and just hog all the ball all the way to the end. Lebron is more like Magic because he likes everyone to contribute and be involved whereas MJ or Kobe would be like "get out of my way and watch me".

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol this poster is one of the biggest and worst MJ homers I've ever met.

Pure artistry and grace and fundamental perfection with cat like quickness? What is he, a ballet artist? LOL you don't even remember how Jordan really played it's all in your head where he is jumping from half court line and performing a triple summersault before dunking.

Just ridiculous. You should be ashamed at the **** you are posting you are downright delusional.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

His "crap" team Is the way it is almost 100% because of him. Getting his boys Tristan and JR and Korver paid. His team at the start of the season replaced a one dimensional scoring PG with a one dimensional scoring PG in IT who nearly averaged 30ppg last season and carried his team in the playoffs and all this because Kyrie wanted away from LeBron. DRose averaged 18ppg last season with his career best efficiency and was going to come off the bench as 6th man. DWade is a veteran former superstar and champion who also averaged 18ppg last season. This team starts to underperform early and the locker room falls apart and LeBron was supposed to keep it together like the incredible natural born leader he's said to be.
    Instead he decides not to play any defense for half the season and is passive aggressive in the media. He gets everyone traded and then talks in the media about how he doesn't have the help others have and try and change the narrative that he never wanted Kyrie out? Whatever. Just like Kobe's revisionist history when he talks about how he made the Hornets pay for trading him when everyone knows he and his agent demanded only to play for the Lakers.

LeBrons entire career consists of more All star and former all star help than almost anyone outside of Magic and Kareem in the top 20-40 players of all time list. Yet the narrative his whole career is always "he needs more help" whether it's to beat an ancient Spurs team, a mid 30s Celtics team or a Warriors team dubbed unbeatable that nearly and should have got taken out by the Rockets with only 1 all star on the floor for the last 2 games. It's LeBrons own fault the team is always changing around him and he couldn't get consistent teammates due to his own moving from team to team to team and his early career because he wanted to compete immediately and over the hill vets were getting bloated contracts to help LeBron win. It's really that last part that was the domino effect. LeBron would have stayed in Cleveland his whole career had he and the front office been patient enough and gone through the growing pains of bad seasons and had lottery picks to pair with young LeBron and let them grow together. Instead, they wanted to help LeBron be GOAT as quickly as possible by giving him veteran former stars who were over the hill and it didn't help that the conference was so bad that you had to be extremely bad or full out tank mode to get a top pick.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ugh. You're pathetic. So pathetic man. All you ever do is insult me when i disagree. A year or more of this ****. Same people. Always. I always tried to stay away from getting into that game, but it's so tiring. "Lebron is not GOAT." You're a ****ing r****d! Die! "LeBron plays a different style of game compared to MJ" YOU'RE DELUSIONAL AND LIVING IN THE PAST YOU GATORADE AND NIKE BRAINWASHED PLEB!

These fools act like it's some myth from the 60s when theres hundreds of hours of video footage of MJ available to anyone. I'm a homer. Right. I call it like I see it. You're not a LeBron homer who gets mad whenever LeBron isn't supposed to be GOAT over anyone as if no one has claim when it's he who is struggling to make his own claim, and you also get mad with any and every comparison to MJ that is denied.

He's NOTHING like Michael Jordan play style. LOL. This is so ****ing laughable to me. Kobe is more poor mans MJ. Everyone knows this but LeBronies. You WANT the MJ comparisons and it angers you when people who know better correct you on it. When you know your boys claim is weak, what do you do? You try and boost Kareem and say he's the rightful GOAT due to career totals because you know that's your way in if you spread the narrative that Kareem is the GOAT for those reasons and expect LeBron to surpass him in career totals and he can finally be GOAT. This Kareem narrative was long dead until LeBron fans resurrected it for their own benefit.

AGAIN. ZERO style comparison. LeBron pounds the ball and moves like a big clunky robot. The **** delusional world do you live in to think he plays exactly like MJ? I'm so sick and tired of these ****ing idiots. I'm never commenting on these topics again. It's always the same 2 or 3. I'll just put you morons on ignore and roll my eyes in every Lebron or Jordan topic because I know exactly what you're posting.. You're so few. I'll wait it out. You'll all disappear and in the future we'll be talking about someone else everyone says is the next MICHAEL JORDAN.

LeBron James plays exactly like MIchael Jordan.. absolutely hilarious.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  18. mockster

mockster Member

No offense I’m just not gonna read that novel. You can win lmao I’m not that invested lol

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Given a comparison of the two, definitely Magic, especially because they had the height, handles and build to do things other players couldn't do across positions.

Personality wise...

Mike would shake your hand, look you in the eye, and shiv you right after if it meant he could win a bet.

Magic was bff with Zeke until Zeke looked him in the eye and shivved him.

Jordan's nerves and execution under pressure rivaled Larry's. For the youngins, they think Kobe had those nerves and execution (when he wasn't throwing playof games) until they're told Jordan and Larry actually made most of those pressure shots.

Andy Sheets likes this.
  20. T. Will tha Don

SIMPLY PUT LEBRON IS MAGIC JOHNSON SIZE AND FEEL FOR THE GAME THAT MEETS DOMINIQUE WILKINS'S TENACITY FOR REBOUNDING AND ASSAULTING THE RIM....#GMOVA