1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Law & Order Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JumpMan, Feb 13, 2006.

Tags:
?

Best Law & Order?

1. Law & Order

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Law & Order: Criminal Intent

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  4. None, I like CSI.

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Which Law & Order show is the best and why?

Also if you are a big who have been the best detectives, best DA, best male ADA, the hottest female ADA, best pyschologists, etc.

Right now the best Law and Order is SVU, all time I liked Law & Order the best when Lenny (RIP) and that dude who married Julia Roberts were detectives. Favorite detective was Lenny followed by Goren, Olivia, Ice-T, and Munch. Best DA was the old dude, Schiff, best ADA is McCoy although Stone was really good too. Ross was the hottest female ADA, the chick who married Jason Sehorn was really hot too. Skoda the best pysch, don't know about favorite episode, there's too many great ones.

EDIT: CSI is ok, but it doesn't compare to Law & Order in my opinion, too many cotton swabs and microscopes, and too much David Carusu.

#1 JumpMan, Feb 13, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  2. amfootball

amfootball Member

I absolutely, positively LOVE Law & Order: Criminal Intent. I like it for several reasons, the top one being that there is not much done in the courtroom. I'm not a courtroom fan at all. The episodes are generally pretty twisted, so you haven't figured out who did what in the first few minutes. It's almost all homicides...there's nothing like story about a dead body to start off the week! The lead detective, Robert Goren, is one of those characters that you either love or loathe. I fall into the love category. I like it that he seems to know everything about everything...he picks up on little things that don't look like they'd have anything to do with anything. I can see how people would not like this, but to each his own. This season is a little strange for me, with there being two sets of detectives. I've never liked Chris Noth, so I just skip his episodes and only watch the Vincent D'Onofrio ones.

I use to like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, but it's too slow to me. I don't really connect with any of the characters, main or guest. The original is a distant second on my list...I must admit the only reason I occassionally watch is for Fred Thompson, who doesn't get enough air time, IMHO.

3. amfootball

amfootball Member

Which "dude" would that be? Julia Roberts' only ex-husband is Lyle Lovett!

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i never watched any till about a year ago, but i like svu. i dont ever even watch any of the other ones. i think im scared of getting hooked on more than one series.

i love ice-t on the show - even former cop killas can turn it around yo!

5. JumpMan

Benjamin Bratt, I thought he married her, maybe engaged? Something was going on with them.

Ok on CI, when Goren is on it's the best Law & Order, I knew the show was taking a bad turn when Noth and that chick started guest starring, half and half is ok I guess, but that's the reason it's not the best right now.

SVU is hit or miss with a lot of people, because of the subject matter I guess, but I like most of the characters, all of the detectives stand out, but Benson can carry an episode on her own.

Don't be scared! Say it with me, Detective Tutuola, Two-two-ola.

[​IMG]

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I detest SVU
    They break too many rules and are far too arrogant

The Original is still the best

Rocket River

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The only cop show I like is The Shield. It kicks L&O's sorry ass.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I put SVU but I like the original the best. I watch them all though.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

CI.

goren rocks the casbah.

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I watch the Law & Order shows constantly. I watch Law & Order on TNT, and SVU and CI on USA and Bravo. I prefer the original Law & Order but SVU and CI are still entertaining. I like the original more simply because the DA's and ADA's play a bigger role, it is a more balanced show. Unless it is a 24 night I usually watch 2-3 episodes a night while I'm on the computer playing WoW or cruising the web.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Iused to be a big L&O fan. I liked the original the best, watched CI when I could (used to be on a bad night) and hated SVU. But I don't follow it to muchanymore becuase I am rarely watching TV when it comes on. I've recently gotten into Tivo'ing CSI and I really enjoy the LV and NY versions. David Caruso is only a problem if you watch Miami (he's the reason I don't).

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

For me, it's a toss-up between the original and SVU. I like the courtroom action from the the original. I think SVU is better overall. I don't like CI that much. I can't stand any of the CSI's

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think a better poll would be different law and order periods, or which mix of detectives and prosecutors did you like most.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

That would be a great poll.

15. JumpMan

I thought about that, decided against it, but I did ask for people's opinions on those questions, check out this group photo, link to a bigger picture at the bottom.

[​IMG]

http://www.art-dept.com/artists/roy/portfolio/editorial/images/Law-&-Order-001.jpg

Gotta love the ladies... :D

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I think SVU is the best because the show develops their main characters (Benson and Stabler) better than the other shows. The other shows mainly focus on the 'headline of the week' type stuff, so the characters really don't have any depth. Like Jack McCoy, he's probably the longest running actor on any L&O show. But except for looking a lot older now, his character is the same now as it was when he started.

In any case, SVU will most probably outlast the other shows. At least SVU is still in the top 20 for nielsen ratings. The other shows have fallen off in popularity.

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I don't watch any of the shows on the big networks.

The only recurring show on any network that I watch is South Park.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Would you please be so kind as to tell me who the brunette girl is next to the blonde lady? I'd appreciate it much, thank you.

I only can watch the HDTV one on Friday (I think?) on Channel 2.

19. JumpMan

Her Law & Order name was ADA Claire Kincaid, her real name is Jill Hennessy, and she's never looked as good as she looks in that picture.

[​IMG]

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

So who is the one on the far left, sitting and looking sexy? Sela Ward? I need me some brunette eye candy to search in google's images.