1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant could score 100 in a game in today's NBA - Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Feb 12, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

That's all Tracy can brag about now. Not titles, not legendary career. Being early Kobes rival for one or two seasons. Sad my past idol is such a puss

Swiss Roll and daywalker02 like this.
  2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i bet harden could also score that much in today's nba.

s3ts likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Tmac has become a legitimate douchebag!! :cool:

Comparing different players in different eras with different supporting cast running different playing philosophies is soooooo passé!!!

Don’t let the door hit you in the way out, you LOSER/QUITTER!!!

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tmac needs to stop hyping kobe up. He don't got your back.

Jontro and s3ts like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DAMMIT TRACY!!! Get off your knees, man . .. . you are embarrassing your self!

BTW - and his team would lose

Rocket River

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The fellating of Kobe by so many former NBA players right now is embarassing. Shaq, TMac, etc. What's next? Jalen Rose saying the best thing that's ever happened him was when Kobe dropped 81 on his team? lol

D-rock and BigM like this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

T-Mac needs to stick to baseball.

[​IMG]

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I bet Tmac thinks he can get out of the first round in today's NBA.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He did advance to the finals...

[​IMG]

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

T-Mac what you doing man.

s3ts likes this.
  12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

FIFY

Jontro and T for 3 like this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Lol, well done.

Louka likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He carried that old ass spurs team and beat the warriors by himself. I think he scored 35 points in 13 seconds in the 4th quarter. Big Facts!

15. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I'm confused with this era argument. Kobe is three years removed from basketball - - he retired in 2016 for Christ's sake. What makes an era has now been truncated to three years. What's wrong with these people, who wants to self-served by making arguments to suit their egos. When Kobe did the 16 straight record, it was things to behold but now three years removed from playing basketball, he could have done it in this era? What era did he or McTracy played if I may asked? I used to like McTracy but mow, I'm having a second thought because I think he is smoking something, and I don't think it's cigarette. I guess, every three-three years is a new era in NBA. Playing era often overlapped, and to categorize a player for one era and excluding the player from the era he still plays, albeit overlapped the era he began playing is moronic. For one, a player may start his career in one era and flourish in the overlapped era than whence he began. Which era do you categorize such player? Do you put him in an era when he was a dud? most likely not. What era did MJ, Dr, J, magic Ervin Johnson played? You get my drift? Perhaps, NBA era changes when rule changes. if that's the case, then we will have era within era. That means, we have the Larry Bird's era, the MJ era, the Shaq O'niel era, the bad boys era, even the James Harden era, and so on and so on. Please, stop the foolish era rhetoric; it's arcane.

D-rock, Rocket River, SS0101 and 2 others like this.
  16. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

eh, just more of the retired guys talking up how much more difficult it was in their day. Reality is that even though the game has changed with more scoring and different defense, it has privileged certain positions and certain styles of play over others. Wings and PFs are now expected to stroke the three, and although Kobe was a good 3 point shooter, he wasnt close to what we are seeing with Steph, or even Harden for that matter. Chances are he would be somewhere between Demarr Derozan and Kemba in scoring.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know man... he scored 81 already. BOOKER put up 70+. T-Mac is dumb. But I'm not dismissing Kobe in his prime being able to possibly score 100 in this league with the right coach. I didn't think anyone would average a triple double for a year. Much less 2... 3.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Prime Kobe wasn't nearly as efficient as Harden or Booker or Klay. I won't say it's impossible for him to score 100, but of all the guys who could do it I'd put him behind several.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He ALREADY got 81 though. Harden, he'll go sit. Kobe, he'll play 48min in a blowout. Efficiency be damned, Kobe will shoot 55 times. Taking 17 3's a game was wild back then. That'd be his bare minimum now.