1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks trade Porzingis to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 31, 2019.

1. omgTHEpotential

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not KP related but Mavs FA-related...

Marc Stein:

Q: Has your sense of Dallas’ interest in Nikola Vucevic as a free-agent target changed? — Zachary Jay Cunningham (Dallas)

STEIN: Not really.

The Mavericks are still formulating their free-agent plans, based on what I know, but I didn’t see Vucevic as a primary target for them when you asked a while back — and that position holds.

Shooters, athleticism and veterans are said to be Dallas’ priorities to supply the budding star tandem of Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis with some been-there wisdom.

There has been no indication to date that the Mavericks will get a sniff from the Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leonard/Kyrie Irving tier of free agents. I likewise continue to believe that Golden State’s Klay Thompson is 100 percent staying put with the Warriors and will not consider external suitors.

But league sources say that the Mavericks intend to fling themselves into the chase for Khris Middleton and/or Kemba Walker with gusto in hopes that they have a shot at one of them.

Wings with two-way ability figure to be another emphasis if Dallas is unsuccessful in pursuit of the big names.

Vivi and Deckard like this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's bad when my first reaction to seeing a new post in this thread is that someone else must have gotten raped/sexually harassed.

Nook likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, I've always liked Kemba.

With the Jazz and Mavs and Spurs being his main suitors I guess I'll just have to learn to hate him.

MadMax likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/12/kristaps-porzingis-bloody-face-fight-latvia-hometown-mavericks/

Dallas Mavericks star Kristaps Porzingis was reduced to a bloody mess in his home country of Latvia after he was apparently involved in a brawl that left him wanting more.

Eyewitnesses tell TMZ Sports ... the Euro NBA player was in his hometown of Liepaja over the weekend, where we're told he was celebrating some occasion through a number of clubs and pubs in the area.

Our sources say that a handful of Russians confronted Kristaps, supposedly upset with the fact that he'd switched teams down here in the States ... and an all-out tussle broke out. It would appear to have been pretty violent, 'cause Kristaps was bleeding from his head.

This video appears to capture the aftermath of the fight ... which almost wasn't over if Kristaps would have had his way. You can see him -- again, bleeding and with a torn shirt -- being held back by a woman at first, who he shoves aside.

Kristaps charges another group that's off camera, but a couple police officers plead with him to calm down and stand down. The entire exchange seems to be going on in their native tongue, Latvian.

The Mavericks haven't said anything about the altercation, and Kristaps himself has been quiet too.

#506 J.R., May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    omgTHEpotential and Vivi like this.
  7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Lucky to be alive.

[​IMG]

8. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Ladies be so fine in the Baltic states.

BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. omgTHEpotential

That Real Madrid threat was empty though, Porzingis would NOT have been allowed a basketball license in Europe if he was under contract in the NBA. All of these leagues/associations have agreements between each other. We've learned about this in the DMo fiasco. You can't sign anywhere else outside the NBA until your contract is voided or expires.

Speaking of which... DMo is a free-agent now... :rolleyes:

da_juice, Jontro and Ramo$e like this.
  11. gotsis

gotsis Member

Lol, such an empty threat. If i'm the knocks I would have stalled and trades him in the offseason just to piss him off (obviously it would be a bad move, because the rape accusations would have leaked, diminishing his value).

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Evil empire

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

KP is never healthy, and he’s a diva which is ridiculous since he has done absolutely nothing in this league

his brother seems to be a Latvian Lavar Ball minus the media attention

da_juice likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Iron Curtain

tinman likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Crossing my fingers that Cuban overpaid for another injury riddled douchebag.

da_juice, MadMax and King1 like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He’s a rfa.

The other root he could take would be to turn down a max contract, sign a worse offer elsewhere and have the Mavs match that?!?!?!

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member