1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks trade Porzingis to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just realized Giannis’ brother is on the Mavs, too.

roslolian, malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Yup, pity pick to attempt to recruit him. Good luck with that.

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

ok, here are the highlights from the last time they played...you're telling me he's waaay better than capela? They both look pretty good to me.

http://www.nba.com/games/20190107/DENHOU#/boxscore

1:08 mark capela beats jokic down the court for a layup

1:56 mark jokic is posting up capela, but decides to pass up the shot i to the open man, nstead of going over capela for a score....

jokix scores at will against harden, tucker, and house...

they both score on each other, when getting really deep in the post..

capela scores at will against all the denver midgets, in the same way that jokic scores at will against ours.

4:15 mark capela takes jokic in the post with a move Dream taught him.

5:48 mark jokic returns the favor and scores on capela in the post.

8:50 mark capela steals ball from guard and runs one man coast to coast.

capela played 8 more minutes but scored 7 more points for 31 points..

jokic obviously is going to score more being their first option in the post, but if he played with harden would he score that much? of course not. he'd shoot more threes for sure.

I am arguing that he is not Waaaaaay better, system or not. capela outplayed LA against the spurs in the playoffs two years ago. did well again last year against Karl towns and gobert last year....he is not waaay better than CC. he is definately a better half court offensive threat. but to say he is waaaay better is simply not true.

tmoney1101, Jontro and roslolian like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From Stein: Janis Porzingis provided the Knicks with a list of four teams he and Kristaps had deemed acceptable trade destinations. The Knicks, meanwhile, were told Porzingis was prepared to leave the team and continue his knee rehabilitation in Spain if he was not moved...

Other nuggets from the newsletter are:

• the Mavs have been calling the Knicks about Porzingis for years

• the Knicks have expressed interest in DSJ all season

• the Mavs were ready to do the deal after their game in New York, but Porzingis and his agent/brother Janis requested a meeting the next morning

• Janis and his camp provided the Knicks with a list of four teams they would consider acceptable trade destinations which included the Nets and Clippers (the Mavs were not on the list)

• execs around the league believe the Knicks have inside information about the motivations of KD and Kyrie

• there is real concern within the Warriors that the Knicks will persuade KD to leave

malakas and Vivi like this.
  5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

While that would be funny as hell, how concerned should everyone else be that the Knicks can effortlessly take the best player from a championship factory in the 5th largest media market in the US to play for a team lucky to win 15 games?

How long before the Dallases, Phillys, Houstons, and Atlantas of the NBA are just too small and irrelevant for the top players?

6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I haven't been concerned with anything the Knicks have done since the turn of the century.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I never said the Knicks have a high chance of pulling this off, and I think we see a repeat of 2009-2011 with NY (Tried to sign Bron and trade for CP3, instead signed A'Mare and traded for Melo). Just replace Stoudemire and Melo with Kemba Walker and Jimmy Butler.

malakas likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I actually hope that the Knicks can pull this off. Nobody is scared of a team of Durant and Irving, unless they can surround them with highly effective role players. You can bet your life the Knicks won't be able to build a good supporting cast.

And it will weaken the Warriors.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Considering that the Knicks haven't been relevant for damn near 30 years, and Linsanity might be the last time they were even looked at in a favorable light, I'd say it's not very concerning. Eventually ONE of the major stars was going to be lured into playing at MSG.....it was only a matter of time. They are still a ****-show of an organization.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Some posters here just think all the Rox players suck while any player from other teams are amazing.

jcmoon likes this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i know...and these are rockets fans, right?

roslolian likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah Durant came out postgame, had a meltdown and attacked Ethan Strauss personally and the media.

I hope he understands that the reason he earns good money is because he is an entertainer and that includes talking to the media.
    Just dribbling a basketball does nothing for society on its own.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/kristaps-porzingis-brother-wanted-a-bigger-role-with-knicks/

malakas likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Headlines should read, Knicks give of best player in 25 years for Crap + a player they should have gotten in the draft. lol

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stein:
    • I’m told that the Knicks, for starters, tried to engage Sacramento on the Bagley trade concept you suggest. But much like their attempts to engage the Kings in De’Aaron Fox discussions, those inquiries were flatly rejected. As for the Clippers … no chance. Not only are they super high on the rookie guard known as S.G.A., but there’s no way L.A. would ever consider taking on the contracts of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee like Dallas did. The Clippers have been hoarding their salary-cap space for this summer’s long-planned pursuit of Kawhi Leonard. Giving the Knicks cap relief was never an option.
    • The four teams Porzingis had on his wish list of trade destinations were the Nets, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors, according to two people with knowledge of the list who were not authorized to discuss it publicly. The Knicks, of course, traded Porzingis to the Mavericks.

Vivi and malakas like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/26/knicks-tried-trading-kristaps-porzingis-kings-deaaron-fox

The Knicks dealt Kristaps Porzingis to the Mavericks ahead of the February trade deadline, but a new ESPN report suggests a different deal could have been made before the 2018 NBA draft last June.

ESPN's Zach Lowe reports the Knicks were in talks with the Kings for De'Aaron Fox despite his struggles during his rookie season. In the lead up to last year's draft, the Kings who had the No. 2 pick were interested in drafting Luka Doncic to rebuild the team around the him.

"Rivals sensed the dilemma and made offers for Fox — including a template from the New York Knicks centered around Kristaps Porzingis that would have required Sacramento to either send something beyond Fox or take unwanted Knicks salary (or both), sources say," Lowe wrote.

The Kings picked Marvin Bagley III with the No. 2 pick in the 2018 NBA draft.

Doncic now plays with Porzingis in Dallas after going No. 3 overall in the 2018 NBA draft. The Knicks received point guard Dennis Smith Jr. and center DeAndre Jordan in exchange for Porzingis.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I wish we could have traded Qi for Porzingis just like 'holic suggested...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/zhou-qi.290664/page-11#post-11944297