1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kliff Kingsbury: To interview for multiple NFL head-coaching jobs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Jan 7, 2019.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Why do so many teams want to hire Kliff Kingsbury? He couldn't cut it at Texas Tech and now NFL teams want to make him a head coach? Somethings up. I could see some teams wanting to bring him in as a QB coach or OC at the most.

As a hetero male I don't find him attractive, but I've heard he's a sexy dude in a Brad Ausmus kind of way. Maybe NFL front offices have a crush on him?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ury-interview-multiple-nfl-head-coaching-jobs

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Teams hoping to find the next McVay to pair with their young QBs. Extremely high risk high reward situation.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would take him as the new offensive coordinator of the Texans.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

In a heartbeat.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Wasn't Terry Donahue always on some weird short list for NFL head coaching jobs?

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Going to the Cardinals.

7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

If this guy had the same coaching resume but looked like Jonah Hill, he'd be lucky to get a coordinator gig in the SEC.

Yeah I'm hating.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hiring based on looks is probably as good a barometer as any other trait being used for NFL HC's. Nobody ever gets anything right. It's a never ending carousel of bad hires. I didn't want O'Brien here to be honest, and his chin and face certainly didn't help. Lulz.

OC for the Cardinals isn't as good of a job as OC for USC. But HC of the Cardinals is. So I get why a team like that had to reach and offer the MAIN gig to someone like Kingsbury. Not sure if he can get a team to buy-in, but he does have some fun players to work into his scheme.

tinman likes this.
  9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Weird...

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've watched All Texas Tech games. Kliff is a good coach but a trash recruiter. he didn't really make it at Texas Tech because he has had some serious bad luck after starting seasons well. Look at this last year, he was down to his last QB. I've always wondered how he would perform with talent and a defense. I have no doubt he will get the most of Rosen. He knows how to coach QB's.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

The largest fall upwards since Lane Kiffin?

EDIT: I don't get the folks clamoring how good of a coach he was by using his trash recruiting as an excuse. Gary Patterson wins 9+ games per year with meh talent, Mike Leach just won 11 games at Wazzu! Even Bobby ****ing Patrino got some great seasons out of Lamar Jackson and a bunch of bums, yet Kingsbury can't reach .500 with a 1st round QB? Art Briles turned BAYLOR into a powerhouse! He found ways to win with ALL THREE of his QBs down back in 2015 against Mitch Trubisky and UNC, and he never got this much NFL attention.

#12 Swiss Roll, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You have one successful, young coach in Sean McVay, and everyone loses their heads. Typical bullsh** overcompensation. Kingsbury can't coach defense, and he can't lead a team. He'll be fired in three seasons or less.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Former Houston (and Texas A&M) HC Sumlin is coaching the Wildcats and his offensive coordinator in Houston (and Texas A&M) Kingsbury is coaching the Cards.

ARIZONA IS COOGS HOUSE (and aggies house)

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're gonna spend so much time getting hammered together they might only win 3 games COMBINED.