1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale on 610 today talking Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

#1 You don't know what happened between Harden and McHale. From what I have heard McHale isn't even sure exactly what was and wasn't said between the players and management/ownership; if anything when Les decided in the middle of the night that Les was done.
    #2. McHale wasn't fired because he tried to make Harden a leader. He was fired because ownership lost confidence in McHale's ability to lead.
    #3 McHale isn't even sure if leaders CAN be made. McHale lost his job for not being able to lead his players. McHale wasn't a leader as a player. Yet we are to believe McHale (who admits he doesn't know how to make a leader) was attempting to mold Harden into a great leader and Harden complained?

It makes no sense at all.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and Deuce like this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Literally do not care what he says and I'm not reading because he is clueless, just thought you guys want to know ;)

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah I get it, but you need to understand that if you criticize Harden this place quickly turns into an episode of The Walking Dead, and zombies will come at you from all sides and most of us are guilty of it including me. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not an HOF as they like to call it around here. I just find it a bit odd that people here will nit pick Harden to no end, despite the fact that he's having a historic season and is a top candidate for the MVP award. It seems to some posters like BBholic, anything less than perfection from Harden is the reason why the Rockets aren't going to win a championship, which is just asinine and stupid.

Despite all of that, I do see the flaws in Harden as a player but those flaws have always been there and will most likely always be there. You have to take it for what it is, Harden is simply one of the best offensive players the game of basketball has ever seen, but defensively he's a tolerable sufferance at best. Leadership is something that is hard to quantify, though. So, I don't care to speculate on how well Harden leads the team because nobody really knows except for the players and coaches.

Richie_Rich, TEXNIFICENT and D-rock like this.
  4. basketballholic

Didn't say he wasn't a good leader. Only great leaders win championships.

5. basketballholic

Your post makes no sense at all. You're talking in circles.

McHale started holding Harden accountable for his shoddy defense. Harden didn't like it. He barfed all over management about it. McHale canned very quickly.

You simply cannot be a great leader in the Association and not play defense.

6. Nook

Nook Member

You say this whenever you get called out on your illogical arguments. It is similar to a puppy that pisses on the floor and then covering his eyes with his paws.

How exactly did McHale start holding Harden accountable? By letting him lead the league in minutes? We are to believe that ownership and the front office didn't want McHale to have Harden improve defensively? Absurd. McHale was fired because he failed to motivate or lead his team. Period.

I agree!

Signed,

Magic Johnson
    Shaq O'Neal
    Steph Curry
    Oscar Robertson
    James Worthy

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  7. basketballholic

Those guys all played defense. They weren't all great defenders but they all dug on defense. However James Worthy was not the leader or a leader of his team.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The key thing is we're seeing Harden make strides as a leader under MDA, not McHale.

So McHale should just comment about other teams.