1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant: ‘It’s easy to be the best player when you don’t have good players around you’

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Jun 10, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So basically all you really need to do is get a lead in the fourth and you win the game? Sounds like top 2 of all time to me (after Kareem).

I keep saying this but Jordan really skewed how people view basketball, even if the game is 4 quarters long and 48 mins total the only thing that seems to matter anymore is the last shot which is really just 3 pts max.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He literally cant get double teamed.

Sounds like his job is easier and not harder to me

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You leap of logic and totally missing my point is amazing

Rocket River

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its not a leap of logic that's exactly what you said. Mr. All World when you have a lead means you will likely win the moment you have a lead. This is why Lebron has been to the most finals since Russell.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His words are out of context on both sides. If he's asked which is easier, being the best player on a bad team or on a good team. What he said is of course true. It's commonsense logic that being the best among the mediocre is always easier than being the best among the best. There's no need to criticize him for saying that.

But the context is: Is he trying to be the best player of his own team or the best player of the whole league? If it is the latter (which should be very apparent) it is easier to be great playing on a team like the Warriors than a team like the Cavaliers. That's the whole reason why people criticize him for joining GSW. I don't know how he can get away with that no matter how he twists the logic.

Also, "being best" needs to be defined. Best in terms of statistics or best in terms of winning? Or something else?

YOLO likes this.
  6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Nah curry already won a title and has nothing to prove. he and the warriors did nothing wrong. Its all on durant

7. Daddy Long Legs

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wooow I thought Durant said this after tonight's loss.

Why even bump this?

PhilCollins and BigShasta like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

It was obviously bumped because its relevant to the fact that it doesnt look easy for KD to look like the best player in the nba now that he doesnt have 3 all stars around him.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

He was never the best player in the NBA.

You're just finding any random thing to hate on him lol. Apparently, he lives rent-free, in your head.

11. Malaya

Malaya Member

Warriors are gonna lose Durant, probably already lost him. Team chemistry is broken.

I would gladly welcome him to the Rockets, but he'll probably go to the Lakers or Knicks.

The dude is emotionally fragile, but if you value his MVP level skills, then your coaches and GM need to know how to handle him. Something like what Morey did with Harden vs. Howard.

12. Daddy Long Legs

i agree

yeah I don't like him very much.

thank

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I've always had this feeling that Durant was always a bit overrated.

Dont get me wrong he is amazing on both sides individually it seems. Elite offense with very good defense.

But...

I just always had this feeling that Idk how great he would be on a team of his own, with no other stars.

Hes been surrounded by MVP talent and multiple all stars his entire career and until he joined gsw his teams always came up short.

I just dont know how much his actual skillset impacts overall winning. He doesnt seem to make others better and hes not great at facilitating.

Hes an amazing individual talent and hes clearly one of the top players in the league but there is just something I cant figure out about him because hes always been surrounded by elite talent.

The warriors these past few games have looked weak with Durant leading the show. Especially with Draymond out, that team looks like a back end playoff team.

Ehh

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but he isn't the best player on his team so w/e.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is wrong because it's harder to be by yourself with a bunch of scrubs vs be one of "the guys" with 4 other all stars on your team.

Who do you think expends more effort every night, Westbrick or Klay Thompson?

16. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Same here.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Espn or tnt the other night said he was the best two way player in the game...

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

This.

Never understood why so much people always refers to him as "the best with or after Lebron".

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its not easy to be the best player when you are called for carrying the ball right when you started gathering momentum

20. hakeemthagreat

Eh, let's not forget all this drama was brought on by Draymond. All KD wanted was the ball, in which guys like Lebron shy from at times. None of this has anything to do with Durant.

PersianRocket likes this.