1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. adoo

adoo Member

not only is this convenient rhetoric as ridiculous as the previous false claim about Prof Ford

that she was seeking revenge against B K's mother who was a judge in a lawsuit
    against Ford's parents, it'd also take a very stupid person to parrot this false claim​

Traitor George and his discounted brain fit that requirement like a glove !

#1001 adoo, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

saying "i have no recollection" is very different from saying "i did not do it".

interesting.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The betting odds of Kavanaugh's confirmation are rising rapidly on the Predict It website. Interestingly, the odds of Ruth Bader Ginsburg being the next Justice to leave the Court are also rising very rapidly today. Having Trump select RBG's replacement would be a deserving (and delicious) fate for the Democrats after their conduct during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings.

GOOD DAY

4. foh

foh Member

There were 4 guys and a girl at a house party. They lived nearby. You'd think she knew some of them well enough to go. The fact is, republicans don't care to get to the bottom of this.

LOL. It will be a real interesting book/movie/tv. Maybe she can get a book sized manuscript if she copies her letter 200 times.. You are preposterous!

Why does Mark Judge not want to rip the benefits of fame btw?

I love trolls calling out people's intelligence - that's what they do best.

jo mama likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't think you can get hit with perjury for not remembering something. I would assume the letter can be used as a statement from him. His statement certainly isn't a strong denial. Kavanaugh to his credit has put out a pretty bold denial and that he wants to talk about it under oath.

Someone has to come forward and corroborate Ford's story or at least recalls some kind of incident similar to this where Kavanaugh was present. I hope she has something more substantial to go along with this claim.

jo mama likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Multiple sources are reporting that RBG claimed she was groped by Abe Lincoln in 1862.

Space Ghost likes this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It was 2 girls fwiw. It's too bad she doesn't remember who's house it was at. That would probably solve a lot of the problems since they would have had a broken bed in their house.

8. jcf

jcf Member

If he believes she is making this up -- as opposed to being mistaken -- he shouldn't feel any empathy for her pain. He may have done it. She may be lying. Or she may think she is telling the truth but has misidentified her attacker. If it is the last, I can see feeling her pain. But if he is being falsely accused, I wouldn't expect him to truly empathize with his accuser even if he thought it might play well to some.

jo mama likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think you are correct. Incidents such as this need corroboration. What are the odds that a teenage girl would keep this to herself with our sharing the alleged rape incident with at least one close friend?

Unlike some here, I will have an opinion regarding this matter after listening to what Kavanaugh and his accuser have to say plus any corroborative evidence.

Not a fan of Kavanaugh, but as a male who does a lot of exams including breasts and vaginas, I would hate to be accused of a false wrongdoing. The man is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Astrodome and jcf like this.
  10. jcf

jcf Member

I'm hoping you are a physician.....

Os Trigonum and robbie380 like this.
  11. foh

foh Member

Personally I think all the four (supposedly) named individuals in this incident should be interviewed. A lot is at stake here.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well she allegedly passed a lie detector test so I think it's safe to say that she probably believes that her story is true even though it is most likely not true. As such, I think it's fine to be sympathetic to her pain. It's the same as being sympathetic to a schizophrenic who believes that they are being attacked by someone that isn't there. You can know they are mistake while still feeling sympathy for the state they are in.

She likely created this story subconsciously as a way to explain marital problems that she was having in 2012 that put the couple in therapy to begin with. Just because it is a false memory doesn't mean that she can't be traumatized by it.....it just means that you don't go after the people who didn't actually do anything to her without proof.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's really nothing at stake here, if there is any actual evidence of attempted rape, then you can always impeach him. I think everyone knows that there's not going to be any evidence though so the delay tactic is merely an act of desperation by the left who sees Kavanaugh as someone who will dash their dreams of stripping rights from the people in order to further their agenda.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nope. Ultrasound tech, which is better. Lol

Seriously, a buddy of mine was accused of touching a female patient's breast. She reported this to his manager, and after the investigation, it turnout to be a misunderstanding. Males in this profession have to be extra careful. Some women have really large breasts and even when performing an abdominal ultrasound, you must (at least I do) that I may inadvertently come in contact with her breasts. I am not talking about the lower abdominal area, but the upper right and left regions.

15. jcf

jcf Member

There are a lot of assumptions in your post.

Only thing I know is that if I was falsely accused of a sexual attack, I would have a hard time feeling for my accuser unless I was 100% positive she was actually attacked by someone else.

16. jcf

jcf Member

Do your procedures require you to have someone else in the room with you? I think that is becoming more the norm for exams these days.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn... You are like a telepathic mindhunter. Howndonyou know so much?

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Bobby - Just to be clear, you don’t have a single source for this repressed memory theory of hers that you’ve been spouting as fact throughout this thread. Is that correct?

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Only pelvic and breasts. Female techs are required to have male chaperones when performing testicular ultrasounds. I know, it gets crazy.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

To see the light of wisdom, you must first, empty your cup.

The Troll's cup is aggressively empty.