1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I would think they should get in contact with everyone who was supposed to be at the party. Is Kavanaugh the only name she recalled from the party or do we know if she named other people that were there yet?

2. foh

foh Member

I'd love to hear one such story. Preferably with a 15 year old. You seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

I guess, I'll go look for that link on my own.

3. foh

foh Member

I think they know the names of at least 3 guys there. Republicans are just playing it dirty by not getting Mark Judge to participate (the other accused). Despite Democrats minority panel's protests.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

How many people were there? They’ve said different numbers of people. I heard 4 girls and 2 boys but there was a discrepancy between the therapist notes and what she stated recently. Also, did she say if she was drunk during the time? I have always just assumed she was.

Also, is she a clinical psychologist or a professor of social work? Or both?

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Bobby please provide some evidence of this repressed memory story because I have seen it anywhere else.

Are you just making stuff up again?

No Worries likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wish it was possible to truly search google by date to learn more about her. Even if you try to search by date it brings up recent news.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here's a page full of those kinds of stories. http://www.fmsfonline.org/?qmemories=RetractorsOwnStories

Ford is convinced that her newly discovered story of attempted rape was the cause of her marital problems....that just makes it even more likely that the memory is false.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think we are just making the repressed memory assumption since it was reported that she hadn’t discussed this until 2012 and it only came up in therapy. Maybe she had just held it in for 30 years or maybe it was a fragmented memory or maybe she hadn’t thought about that night for 30 years.

9. foh

foh Member

Here is excerpt from WaPo on what happened and how many were involved (she was the only one female at that party):
    "Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room." link

Here is her bio (link):

Christine Blasey Ford is a professor at Palo Alto University who teaches in a consortium with Stanford, training graduate students in clinical psychology. Her work has been widely published in academic journals.

An archive of her LinkedIn reveals that she has been a visiting professor at Pepperdine University, a research psychologist for Stanford’s Department of Psychiatry, and a professor at the Stanford School Of Medicine Collaborative Clinical Psychology Program.

Ford received her undergraduate degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She then received a Master’s Degree in psychology at Pepperdine University, followed by a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology: Research Design at the USC. Finally, she received a Master’s in Education from Stanford.

In the early 1980s, she attended Holton-Arms School, an all-girls school in Bethesda, Md., located seven miles away from Georgetown Preparatory School, where Brett Kavanaugh was a student.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

From what I've seen the story as reported by the MSM has changed a few times since it first came out, now they all seem to be saying that she merely never told literally anyone about the incident till she was in therapy for marital problems rather than the previous account of the memory being discovered in therapy....but I'm not sure I buy that new spin given how inconsistent her account of the story was in therapy. It seemed to morph over time. At one point it was that she was attacked by 4 guys, then 2, at one point she was in her late teens, then 15. Early accounts don't name anyone specifically then 6 years later she's sure it is Kavanaugh....

I trust the early accounts of it being a repressed memory more than the latest spin of it merely being a memory she never told anyone about. I think the media realized how the repressed memory part killed credibility so they changed it. Creating a false memory to blame marital problems on makes sense why the story would slowly evolve, it being a memory she always had but just didn't tell anyone about wouldn't make sense why she told so many different versions of it.

11. foh

foh Member

I don't see any examples in there that fit Dr. Ford's profile (being first assaulted at the age of 15 or older).

Thanks for nothing.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It’s funny I kept wondering who you were talking to and then I clicked to show the ignored content and it all made sense lol

foh likes this.
  13. foh

foh Member

You sure of your own 'fuzzy' memory though? Convenient.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well then that just shows that you don't understand the subject and what is being discussed. Better luck next time.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a fuzzy memory hero and I didn't "discover" it in psychotherapy. Try to keep up.

16. biina

biina Member

What is your source for that account, as you are the only one that seems to have seen said account?

17. biff17

biff17 Member

How do make a jump to repressed memory from the fact she never told anybody.

Persons who have been sexually assaulted keep it to themselves for long periods a lot just look at the priest scandals.

if it was repressed memory situation Fox would be running that into the ground.

18. Major

Major Member

New argument.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It sucks I had to use Wikipedia to find some of her academic but oh well. I wish google was more useful for research after a news event occurs.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

what early accounts of repressed memory?

i have seen nobody reporting this except you, please provide link or are you once again making stuff up to fit your narrative.

So did Fox News also change there narrative?

No Worries likes this.