1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

KD to Knicks Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonKnock, Nov 17, 2018.

1. smp

smp Member

Obviously I’m no insider but I think he joined GS to pick up some rings and thought the championship pedigree would help his legacy. The opposite happened and I don’t think he got the feeling he expected. Now he wants to prove the haters wrong and cement his legacy while doing it. When you have his level of wealth and success, all that’s left is legacy.

Again- just what I would be thinking if I was in his shoes.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No one rigged anything. Draymond is a hothead that got baited and got himself suspended. Draymond also played in the other two games they lost to lose that series. Pre Durant all GS showed us was that they couldn’t beat LeBron if he had help. He took them to 6 with 2 stars missing and beat them in 7 when he had everyone. They had their number and it was apparent, which is why the whole squad went to recruit big brother Durant.

As far as the NY media, if you aren’t aware of their media influence then I won’t be the one to try and educate you.

tmoney1101 and Patience like this.
  3. MD_in_Training

One of the big 3 on the Warriors was suspended in questionable fashion for one game, and Cleveland won that series by one possession. If you think it required Durant playing his A game to push the Warriors over Lebron, then there's no point to even have this conversation.

I'm not saying NY doesn't have media influence. I'm saying legacy media influence means less and less in today's day and age.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is his 2nd time resigning with GSW I really think he doesn't want to be the Man on his own team. Like I said lets see what happens but I wont be surprised if he stays in GSW long term.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What’s questionable about A guy being suspended 1 game for repeatedly kicking opponents in the balls? If anything, the league lets Draymond get off way too light for all his dirty antics, not to mention constant b****ing and complaining. Draymond did that to himself.

6. MD_in_Training

Because he didn’t kick Lebron in the balls? Lebron stepped over him and he raised his arm into Lebrons groin. Not the same as the Adams kick.

Look, i don’t care about the legitimacy of Draymond’s suspension. People can make their own opinions. I was responding to the irrational idea that the 73 win Warriors somehow needed a prime MVP and four time scoring champ to beat Lebron and the Cavs. They didn’t.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lebron wasnt winning a series against the Warriors with everyone on their team healthy and not suspended (Curry + Klay + Green + Bogut etc.), even without Durant.

Durant just made them even more formidable.

Lebron just got lucky that season with Bogut's injury and Green's suspension.

8. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

The Warriors get 50 times as much publicity as the Knicks do. You probably can't even name 3 of the Knicks starters.

The "media" are shills- they write to a script based on what sells. Their 'content' is a delivery vehicle for the advertisers, not the other way around. The are not truth-seeking 'journalists' hoping enough advertisers come calling to keep the lights on. Rather, they go to the advertisers first and ask them what to write to win their business.

9. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Were you lobotomized?

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess warriors got luck Love and Kyrie were out the year before.

Patience likes this.
  11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Warriors fans seem to be good with it as we heard the chants of N-Y-C, N-Y-C when KD shot free throws, right?

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

A bartender in Queens said Kyrie's mom recently patroned and said he wants to play in New York.

s3ts likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Houston should chant that

rocketman12 and lnchan like this.
  14. jacoby

jacoby Member

Any New Yorkers on CF read that Post article in the Wednesday paper?

Apparently KD has a biography coming out soon and the last chapter in the book is titled "My next chapter..."

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If GS wins a championship . . . .. . KD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE
    I guarantee that
    all this chirping and **** is smokescreen

The Media is in on it .. with their multiple sauces

Rocket River

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

KD is too much of a mental midget to go to NY and that the media heat he would get when the Knicks don't win as usual.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj on Kevin Durant: 'I Think' Warriors 'Bracing for Possibly Seismic Change'

"Internally in Golden State, there's a sense of let's try to put aside what's coming in July. We have a chance to do something very rare in sports, to three-peat. Let's try to keep our focus there and win the title, then let July play out the way it's going to. But I think the Warriors are bracing for possibly seismic change within that organization."

"I don't know if there's a lot of talking that has to happen between the Warriors and Kevin Durant," Wojnarowski said. "I think he knows what it is, what he wants, and there may be nothing the Warriors can do or say to change that."

Thompson is also a free agent, and Wojnarowski said his status is a matter of money. If the Warriors offer Thompson a five-year, $190 max contract, it's believed he will re-sign with the organization.

"If they come with a five-year, $190 million max deal for Klay Thompson, that's done on July 1—he's going into the new building with Steph Curry," Wojnarowski said. "If they try to do anything less than that, you can expect Klay Thompson to be out in free agency. Watch not for the Lakers, then, but the Clippers."

Vivi likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There is absolutely no chance the Warriors let both KD and Klay walk in FA. You can bank on the fact that Klay will be getting a fat max offer the second they find out if KD is leaving or not. Given the increase in their revenue during this golden era for them, luxury tax savings shouldn't be a very big consideration.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remember, 95% is not 100%.

s3ts, malakas and Vivi like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Durant could've played with Harden and he wants to play with Irving, welp...to each his own i guess.

s3ts, pippendagimp and mikol13 like this.