1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD to Knicks Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonKnock, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant will leave the Golden State Warriors and sign with the New York Knicks this summer, according to Ric Bucher.

"From everything I've heard, it's done. Yes, he's leaving," said Bucher when he appeared on Colin Cowherd's "The Herd".

Bucher added that Durant has never truly felt embraced by the Warriors and is looking to carve out his own path with the Knicks.

"I can tell you that Kevin Durant has never been fully embraced by the Warriors faithful. And has never, from even a national perspective, been given the just do that you would expect for a guy who has been the NBA Finals MVP of their last two championships. It's still Steph's team. It's still Steph, Klay, Draymond. KD thanks for coming along and helping us win these last two...So now that he's done that, it's a matter of, 'Where can I go and I can get this done? I can be the centerpiece and I'm going to be unbelievably appreciated.' I can tell you one place: The New York Knicks, the New York Knicks' fans, Madison Square Garden. If he so much as takes them into the conference finals, for as much as they have not done for the past multiple decades, he will be beloved there like he never has been at Golden State after winning two championships."

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What I heard as well.

Dunno if it's real that going to the ECF is as gratifying as going to the Finals and beyond.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What was Durant expecting?

He is a mental midget mercenary.

The coward choked against the Warriors in the playoffs, quit the Thunder, and then joined the very team that beat him.

Making it worse was that he had never won a championship, and he joined a 70+ win team that had already won a ring, and were favorites to win even without him.

This will undoubtedly be the most cowardice act by any NBA superstar in the history of the game.

And he expects people to embrace him??

Warriors never embraced him because in their mind they were already great BEFORE he joined them. They had won a ring before him. HE was just another piece to make them stronger or an insurance piece if Curry or Klay got hurt.

The rest of the NBA and fans never embraced him because he became a coward in their eyes when he pulled this move.

It was the equivalent of a really talented player waiting in line to join the best team in a pick up game, instead of getting his own team together. No one likes that guy on the playground.

Durant is a moron. He thought he was adding to his legacy by buying his championship on the Warriors. Instead, he tainted his legacy. If he does not win it by himself elsewhere, most of NBA fans will see an asterix on his resume.

Also, this guy doesn't exactly have a great personality either. He is insecure and always on the defensive on the court or on twitter. He is not a very likable person so I am not surprised he was not fully embraced.

#64 Zboy, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cupcake gonna be old old old to win in NY

He thinks management will surround him with decent players lol

Just leave already

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah right. how many years is it now that we've heard so and so will be signing with the knicks. They'll probably end up with a lower tier "star" that they'll overpay as usual.

Their only hope to bringing back any sort of relevance is landing Zion

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that he still doesn't get why nobody appreciates his titles shows how delusional he is. You can't join the 73-win team that came back from 3-1 to beat you in the conference finals and expect anyone to admire you. He deserves all of the ridicule and scorn that can be heaped upon him for signing with Golden State.

MD_in_Training and Zboy like this.
  8. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

plese get this guy out of the WC for the love of god. him joining the warriors has seriously made me not give a **** about he nba or rockets for the last few years because of how ****ed are playoff chances are. also shout out to the rockets for damn near beating one of the beast teams ever last year in the playoffs, to this day blown away how close that was.

Little Bit, Zboy and Rox11 like this.
  9. rockets13champs

We have a couple chances to do it. I’m ready for a chip

BeBreezy and Rox11 like this.
  10. jogo

jogo Member

I haven't read any of these takes. But I would not be surprised AT ALL if he stayed with the Warriors if they win again this year. It makes too much sense for him to not leave if they win. Now if they lose, I think it makes it much more likely that he goes. But even then, I don't know. I've heard this type of talk "he's gone" before about many other players and it is often BS.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to leave more than anything. I went to UT after all. Horrible day when he joined them.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to bleach report two days ago, Celtics are planning to trade Hayward brown and a few picks for Durant, 4year contract is tradable.

GS has to take Hayward, no choice. Likely attach Livingston 2 mm salary.
    then trade Hayward picks to kings for Barnes.

Celtics would have Davis Durant without young players.

#71 BigBum, Apr 4, 2019
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

seriously, what are you thinking when you post around here

saleem and Reeko like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

@BigBum is the most nonsensical poster on this board without question

over 2k posts, and not 1 of them has been good...all 500 of his threads are trash too

15. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

I finally put him on ignore. Should have done it a lot sooner.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I might have to do that...would be the 1st person I’ve ever put on ignore

How do u have 2k posts and like 500 threads, and not a single one has been useful, relevant, or insightful? At 1st I thought he might just be doing the dumb troll schtick, but nah.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The reason Rockets came close to beating them and would have beaten them if not for CP injury is because Rockets played them physically and played with heart.

Warriors is a team of pansies. A collective group of front runners. The reason they overload the team with talent is because they lack conviction and you saw that against the series in Houston. If the talent level or the fight of the team is close, these cupcakes start to melt.

They have won on talent, not because they are gritty, which is why I have never been overly impressed with them.

I mean this is a team that when they barely won a series against the Rockets with CP out the last two games, their excuse was that their bench player (Iggy) was out. That is downright embarrassing for a team of All-stars.

tmoney1101, Nick_713 and clutchdabear like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Finally had to start using the ignore feature last year. List grew quick. For me, once i see a few trash posts, there's no point of wasting my time reading that content. I don't exactly remember why these folks are on it but it must been some extremely irritating or stupid takes.

basketballholic
    BasketMAD
    BigBUM
    FTW Rockets FTW
    RocketsLegend
    SirIvyLeague
    TheRealist137
    Zboy

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let me remind you why I am on it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/index.php...homa-city-thunder.293431/page-8#post-12319154

Because of your refusal to acknowledge House's greatness and unlimited potential.

While your boy Paul George is fighting for 7th or 8th seed, House is raining threes and bringing down the House with his thunderous dunks while on his way to second seed in the West...

...with his first season and contract in the NBA without an entire season under his belt.

The disrespect high impact Rocket players get on Rockets forum is downright disgraceful.

In Stephen Smith's max decibel voice, "You had Carmelo Anthony and MCW. And now you have House. HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT WHAT YOU HAVE NOW! Shame on you! Shame on you!"

[​IMG]

#79 Zboy, Apr 4, 2019
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@BigDum should start a newsletter service like Ball-ic.

Killer-B services.